Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my dads old Mitsubishi Galant GS books...when he used to own one. Very good car I might add. But it had the Contenders for Motor Trends Import Car of the year (1989). It said some pretty neat things about the Nissan 240sx SE. Quotes include: "If you need any more proff that Nissan styling is on a roll, just take one look at the 240sx"...Got Best in Class for exterior design.(hatchback) talked about the backseat and how small it was but it also said "But the 240sx is a car meant for driving, not sitting."...and one guy labeled it as a "poor man's corvette" and also quoted that the Rear drive chassis is great and the suspension is great also.

I just like things like these..little tidbits of when the car first came out and how great of a car it was. I like to read up on the car I own and how great of a car it was when it came out and how great of a car it still is.

Be proud to own sutch a great car. I know I am...even withouth the SR20..it was a great and fun car to drive!

Just wanted to give some people some interesting quotes from when it first came out...I just thought it was very interesting...so flame me if you want...I thought some things were funny also what they said about it..like the poor man's corvette line.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you serious? Its a popular swap for the Nissan 240sx. It's the SR20DET...turboed engine from the 180sx/Siliva in Japan

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
ckykm said:
are you serious? Its a popular swap for the Nissan 240sx. It's the SR20DET...turboed engine from the 180sx/Siliva in Japan
That's so stupid I'm going to harass you in 1337. |)00|), H3 vv4S 5U(|<1N6 |<1|)|)1N6!!!

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
ckykm said:
Quotes include: "If you need any more proff that Nissan styling is on a roll, just take one look at the 240sx"...Got Best in Class for exterior design.(hatchback) and one guy labeled it as a "poor man's corvette" and also quoted that the Rear drive chassis is great and the suspension is great also.
Yes, I agree entirely. Even if it wasn't that powerful, the 1989 240SX body styling was amazing. Look at other cars from '89, YUCK. The sheer fact that people still give me comments of my car, even though it's bone stock exterior, not lowered, stock rims, and factory paint says something about this car. The styling was immortal; people still like it today.
The 240SX styling was way ahead of it's time. The new C6 Corvette has body styling that is very evocative of the 1989 240SX SE, so we can with some accuracy say that the 240SX was 15 years ahead of its time in looks. My ONLY objections (from a modern standpoint) to my car's looks are the ride height and the rims, and this will change in time anyways.
Bottom line, the 240SX was ahead of its time, in a market of its own, and I'm damn proud to drive one today.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bridrive55 said:
Yes, I agree entirely. Even if it wasn't that powerful, the 1989 240SX body styling was amazing. Look at other cars from '89, YUCK. The sheer fact that people still give me comments of my car, even though it's bone stock exterior, not lowered, stock rims, and factory paint says something about this car. The styling was immortal; people still like it today.
The 240SX styling was way ahead of it's time. The new C6 Corvette has body styling that is very evocative of the 1989 240SX SE, so we can with some accuracy say that the 240SX was 15 years ahead of its time in looks. My ONLY objections (from a modern standpoint) to my car's looks are the ride height and the rims, and this will change in time anyways.
Bottom line, the 240SX was ahead of its time, in a market of its own, and I'm damn proud to drive one today.
I agree also. Have had my 93' 240sx custom SE coupe for only 2 weeks now and get comments all the time. My brother in law had 2000 or 2001 Grand Prix GTP and everyone was always amazed by the HUD. So for the early 240's to have one shows how far the were ahead.

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
I love the look of my car! I just hate it when people (the Ford People) say nice probe :eek: :mad: :( ... :wtf:

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
the 240sx body style was designed to look like the porsche that had just had its production stopped. i dont remember which one but if you look at the old 80's porsche, then look at a fastback its an incredible similarity... cant remember where i first read about that...

nobodys ever called my car a probe( lucky me :thumbup: ) but i always confuse approaching anal probes for 240's lol

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
It was the 914, if I'm not mistaken. We've got a 914 at the shop here (granted ours is 928 V8 swap on 20" rims, lowered 4 inches) still looks like a 240. I just got my 180SX rear garnish in today! Yeah! Now I'm officially a poser! It's funny how we pathetic USDM losers try so hard to be stock JDM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts