Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i got a problem for ya. I bought a 180sx 93 with the sr20det engine in it, like a few weeks ago. Now the chick i bought it from said when she bought the car, her parents had a drive and pretty much said its too powerfull, you'll kill yourself. So they took it to the mechanic and he 'did something' and after the power was decreases. Not sure if it was acceleration or top speed, just the power dropped. The only hint was she said 'i think they changed something on the injectors/throttle body side of the engine. Any ideas? Can u lower the boost? the throttle body opens completely and the TPS is correct. Any thoughts would be great and i am more than happy to run any tests on it. cheers all..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok.. lowered the boost, meaning the wastegate would open sooner right? so changed the spring or metal or however they work inside the waste gate? ill take it apart and have a little look :)

Or retard the timing.. ok... only problem is that i have a timing light device that normally raps around the sparkplug lead. which you cant do on the sr20 leads right? Other than taking it to some1 with a timing gun is there anyway to see id the timing is about right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i made a little sparkplug lead extension so next weekend ill set the timing.. so stock is 15, if i only use 98-97 oct fuel ill set it at 16 right? also i had a little look at the distributor and at the moment it is almost completely rotated clockwise. so clockwise retards the timing and anticlockwise advances it right? Also 16degrees...is that 16degrees past top dead center?
thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
3,203 Posts
the cas should be in the middle unless theres extreme chain stretch.
also, you can just put the timing light lead on the #1 coilpack harness.
dont disconnect the tps when you do it. i know youre supposed to, but
i dont think ive met anyone yet whos had luck doing it the correct way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts