Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery with new Energizer 2032 battery, delivered today from Amazon.
key battery warning did not go out. pulled battery, checked on battery tester and voltage. OK.
Then found old Energizer two pack from store.
checked voltage etc. ok.
still did had key battery low error.
Next found very old Maxell. check voltage. all were 3.31 to 3.35 v
This one worked no error.
It is interesting that one seller of unknown to me brand, said specifically, NOT FOR CAR REMOTES
2018 Pathfinder.
Feedback please

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,266 Posts
I replaced the battery with new Energizer 2032 battery, delivered today from Amazon.
key battery warning did not go out. pulled battery, checked on battery tester and voltage. OK.
Then found old Energizer two pack from store.
checked voltage etc. ok.
still did had key battery low error.
Next found very old Maxell. check voltage. all were 3.31 to 3.35 v
This one worked no error.
It is interesting that one seller of unknown to me brand, said specifically, NOT FOR CAR REMOTES
2018 Pathfinder.
Feedback please
I ran into the same problem with my Altima. I was using a CR2032 battery; had a "key battery low" error when using my FOB. Now what's interesting; when using my wife's FOB, there's no error. Over time, I've checked the battery voltage on my FOB and if it drops below 3.0 v, I'll replace it; and even then sometimes the error pops up. I've tried Energizer and Duracell even when the voltage was 3.1, the error would show up on occasion. It seems the FOB likes a battery voltage of 3.3 or higher.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well error was back yesterday, gone today !
has anybody tried Lir2032 rechargeable with nominal voltage of 3.6 instead of 3v ?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,266 Posts
I looked up the specs on the LIR2032 and one web site says it's a good replacement for a FOB battery. I'm wondering if the 3.6 volts may be too much and cause a problem? If anybody else has used the LIR2032 rechargeable battery, please chime in.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Besides the higher voltage the capacity is about 40mAhr, compared to the CR at about 240 mAhr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts