Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw this on ebay recently, does anyone have a clue into what this is and why on earth they are trying to boast 15+ HP add? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I really hope this isn't the same resistor mod that had been done by a few people a while back...15 hp?....oh the drama.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
809 Posts
the only mod that gives you 15 and Up horsepower, would have to be something like a damn turbo, nos, supercharger, NOT ELECTRIC BY THe WYA, advancing timing to 400, entire UR pulley replacement, removal of 600lbs off the front of the car. etc etc etc

No 1 single resistor placed in the MAF sensor, or ECU, can change this.. expecially cause the resistor is like 4 cents at any radioshack wordl wide..

So.. think before you do..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, well to wrap up the critizism of the "intake sensor mod" let me just say most of us on the board aren't idiots, granted we have some exceptions but anyhow, I realize this will not grant a 15 HP gain nor will it turn my frost flakes into gold but I have yet to see anyone that knows the technical aspect of the modification. Is there anyone that explain this beyond "it's a resister" not that, that statement wasn't a fine one indeed, I'm just curious to know more. thanks.

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
the principle is to make the ecu "think" its getting cold air in, and when it sees that, it richens the air/fuel mixture, spraying more fuel and holding the injectors open for a little bit longer, because it thinks it's getting denser air, it has to compensate for better emissions, and this will be temporary, because the ecu will adapt to the situation and will sooner decrease injector "on-time", and this is found out through the voltage readings from the front o2 sensor and rear o2.........its going to notice a really rich mixture, meaning, more CO, carbon monoxide, a pollutant....and deadly....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree...

I agree with azkicker...
What he said is true.My only other thought,being that I build circuit boards, is that the resistor,depending on it's value(or rating) may actually correct for the differance in the O2 reading and keep it at that setting instead of letting the cars computor adjust itself over time.However,like 200sxgtr said,I highly doubt unlike a Jim Wolf,or Stillen re-built board,one single resistor is going to give you any noticable differance in performance.In fact it may just be an exact match with the same values,but from a differnt company.So..to the average joe.it looks differnt but performs the same,A.K.A. money and time wasted for nothing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts