Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed a hs CAI on my 96 200 SER, made sure all my connections were right, the car runs fine but the brake light and the battery light are on now. what would be causing this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I can't think of any reason that it would cause those lights to come on, maybe check the fuse box (the one attatched to the battery mount) and make sure some wires didn't get yanked loose, if I remember right that box holds the fuses to those components. Only thing is if those wires did get yanked loose chances are you wouldn't have any brakes, heh. This sounds like time to do some searching with a flashlight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see the lights weren't on like the 1st 24 hours after the install then the day after when i hit a bump of shifted gears the light would flash on and off. so i stopped the car and checked the battery cables to make sure they were on and the fastenings on the CAI and they were all fine, but the lights stay on all the time now, but the car runs fine. im still confused?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, if it happened after a bump then it seems fairly obvious I suppose that it's a loose wire somewhere and being that part of that wiring harness (I think) is near the air intake the only thing I can think of is something that was loosened when you installed it. That doesn't mean that's what caused it, it could very well be coincidence too, heh. But that fuse box would be one of the first things I'd mess with, maybe get someone to sit in the car while you move the box around (it pops right off the battery mount very easily with no tools) and see if the lights flicker or even go away. If you have a buddy that works in a repair shop that has tools to investigate the ECU you can always have them run a diag and see if anything specific pops up or at least what the error report is, might give you a better lead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts