Nissan Forum banner

What brand does the sucking on your car?

• INJEN

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • HOTSHOT

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • PLACE RACING

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • EBAY (j/k, OTHER)

Votes: 12 27.3%
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
i didnt know how loud the intake was gunna be...then i put it on....and doesnt sound much like an import.....sounds like a muscle car:rolleyes: but i do feel that the HS CAI is over priced at over 200$$$ u can save a little money and get the place racing setup.....nice....not as strong (about 3 HP less) but u do save quite a bit amount of money...

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
The place racing is closer than that to the numbers of a H$. I've heard of the PR numbers mostly being lower than a HS, but I've also heard of instances where the Place racing beat a hotshot by 1hp or more. Just to make a point, I happen to remember hearing somewhere that someone got something like 12 or 15hp from a HS header while most got around 8.

My point is, when it comes to CAIs, I hate hearing that one is truely better than another. If you really think about it, no two engines will respond to a certain upgrade exactly the same. The Numbers of these CAI's are so close, pretty much you're taking a gamble on whether you bought the best one. Like I said before I chose PR b/c it's almost $50 less than HS, it might be better or the same as a hotshot, and they look nicer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like place racing the best. I have had mine for about 8 months and it sounds sweet. Also, place racing's intakes are powder coated which is a nicer look.

·
Registered
236 Posts
#1- you can't judge the power gained from a cai on the noise it makes.
#2- the differences in sound output from diff. manufacturers are so minimal, you won't hear the difference.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i am perfectly aware that you cant tell power from the sound HS makes, its already dyno proven to give you top of the line power for a CAI. Personally, i prefer sound of my car rather than performance cause im not a racer. i just dont want my car drivin around like a little rice box.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hotshot cai group buy

Hell, I just read over the drama LIU had with the attempted pulley group buy, but if folks are up to it Let's see if we can pull a HS CAI group buy together, It looks like there may already be a small core group ready to pool some funds together. I'm not concerned about color choice other than more green in my pocket versus chrome, blue or red under my hood:D Let's bring it home folks. Side note to LIU, I thought you gave that pulley deal some true time, patience, and even professionalism.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts