Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I don't know jack shit about cars and last time I came here you helped me a lot, so I'm hoping you can help me out with this one as well.

Ok so I have a Sentra SE-R '04 auto and I've been wanting to put in a cool air intake for a long time. I've been looking around e bay recently and spoted one that kinda intrested me...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7945123591&category=38634

It says that it's a Nismo and for that price it looks pretty cheep...anyways, what do you guys think, should I go for it, or is it to much of a risk? Is it any good at all by the way? How much of a hp advantage will I get with this?

Please provide as much info as possible since I really don't know much about this stuff, any little advice will help.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
:thumbdwn: it is not a NISMO...they are stealing the NISMO trademark. that setup could easily blow your MAF and they are poorly made. stick hotshot, aem or nismo.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
last i checked, AEM was the best setup for b15s

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Ilya said:
Thanks. Does Nismo have different setups, if so which is considered best?
NISMO has the gen1 and gen2...they are only according to the year. the gen1 is for 02-03 and gen2 is 04+...I am pretty sure about this but not definate. i may have them bass ackwards.

I bought my HotShot because AEM had some earlier mounting problems and guys were using twist ties to hold them on. AEM, HotShot and NISMO are all good. NISMO is a little more expensive but since it is a direct Nissan part, this is expectable. I reccomend HotShot but any of those companies are good. A good CAI costs money...a cheap ebay one usually has a crappy filter, is poorly constructed and can vibrate so much that it can damage your MAF. A new MAF is costly so going with a good name intake is definately a good way to go. Nissan Performance Mag used the AEM on their Spec and they have dyno sheets which show rather good gains.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/projects/perfspecv.php

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
i dont know about the quality of that particular intake or if its good or not. but i can say ive bought an maf adapter plate and cone filter from that company/store. it came as promised packed nicely along with the metal fasteners and rubber piece. came as promised and when promised. thats the only advice i can give you regarding your question. i did try to find the posative feed back i left them but im not gonna search all night to find it lol. but if you wanna see what i left you can search my ebay name is honor1874byk and i think i left the message any where bewteen 15-20. good luck.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
thanks...and oh yea..i also think the gen 2 is designed where your maf fits right in and you dont need the plastic piece.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
wouldnt really trust an EBayer that uses screenshots from Need For Speed in thier listing to sell car parts

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Twiz said:
Did you see this cold air intake ?
:jawdrop: Someone buy this intake. I had a HotShot on my B14 and loved it. I have an AEM on my GTI and its great as well. AEM= CARB certified. :thumbup:

Its up to you. Dont cheap out on parts though :balls:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts