Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how loud the stillen intakes really are. I don't want my car to be really loud but would love the performance enhancement.

Thanks

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Joe said:
I was just curious how loud the stillen intakes really are. I don't want my car to be really loud but would love the performance enhancement.

Thanks
They are almost as quiet as the stock unit. The resonator between the MAF and Throttle Body keep the noise levels way down.

·
Registered
138 Posts
OMG! i can't believe that you don't want your intake to be loud. that is the best sounding part on the car. i love hearing the intake over exaughst.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Slurppie said:
i agree sometimes its cool to hear that deep throaty sound but the 3.5's tend to get annoying at times.
I disagree.. I love the sound of my CAI.. not so crazy about the missing resonator though.. I need to put a magnaflow in as a resonator as right now it drones at low speeds. Might have to look for some clips I posted on "another" forum ;) :)

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
i've got the Stillen on my 2.5 and it is def louder, and exponentially when the secondaries open.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: a SS Alty

Buddy02 said:
So mike whats makes a 2.5 S SS? meaning Super Sport I take it? Did you put some SS badges on your Alty?:D
Buddy is on a roll.. :D I think he means Sheer Silver :)

·
Hazardously WASTED
147 Posts
i have a pop charger from south west autoworks for my 2.5
its no overly loud, but the is a difference in sound, esp when im heavy onthe gas, i always get people turning their heads and looking.

only time i notice its realy loud is when its in a tunnel or parking garage, to me it sound alot like an R1 bike with loud exhaust pipes, if you can picture that sound, i too ahave a clip up someplace on that other "lesser" board. ill have to look for it

·
Hazardously WASTED
147 Posts
gtw00 said:
i have a pop charger from south west autoworks for my 2.5
its no overly loud, but there is a difference in sound oner the stock, esp when im heavy onthe gas, i always get people turning their heads and looking.

only time i notice its realy loud is when its in a tunnel or parking garage, to me it sound alot like an R1 bike with loud exhaust pipes, if you can picture that sound, i too ahave a clip up someplace on that other "lesser" board. ill have to look for it
here is that sound clip
http://www.iconis.com/altima/vids/inside.wav
its not the greatest, recorded it over my cell phone and then transfered it to my computer. this is taken from the inside of the car.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
I have to agree the sound of an intake is awesome. With my Frankencar w/Apexi I kind of get the best of both worlds. During normal driving it is almost non-existant. But when I get on it boy does it screem... I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was racing down a street with just my stillen intake. My friend who lives nearby heard my car and mistaked it with something more expensive only to see me flying by :)

Does anyone know if there is a replacement tube that can be boought to fit in between the maf and throttle body instead of that rubber hosing piece ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts