Nissan Forum banner

intake modification?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TOOQIKK 
#1 ·
is it possible to somehow modify the intake so if i cut a hole in the hood it will just look like a SHAKER hood or a scoop or something

#3 ·
I seen the shaker style hood done to our models... I would not reconmend it... I've been searching for a number of differnt style hood scoops and vents that would look ok on our hoods... this is very difficult to do, so far the best I found was no hood scoop.... or perhaps if you make the stock one slightly larger (taller)... (yes that hump in the center of ur hood is a hood scoop).... but not to extreme... trust me, do as much research as possible before u cut your hood, or buy hood scoops, if anything get a spare hood to practiceon... i spent some decent cash on a hood scoop that looked hot on a maxima, but didn't look good at all on a b12...

-Fix

#5 ·
I use to want to change the complete image of my car to make it look like something completely differnt... but I have learnd to appreciate the design it was given... I notice a lot of people tend to "rice" out cars that don't need to be riced out... you can put on a body kit on a vehicle and not completely destroy its OEM image.... I mean, huge park bench wings, and drifter body kits on a B12 FWD is pointless... it doesn't add any aerodynamic, or performance to it... only adds weight... on the other hand a stock or a smaller stylish wing on a B12, (unless you convert it to RWD/AWD,) and a square shape basic body kit would compliment the B12 nicely...(and you wont look like a complete moron by putting drifter body kits and huge wings on a FWD car) this doesn't end with a hoodscoop/vent... the idea of hood scoops is to take in as much air as possible, vents to let as much air out as possible... placing a large hood scoop on a stock B12 is like molesting a dead horse, you might get off to it... but your still gonna be a freak of nature afterwards... If I were to put a scoop on the sentra/sunny B12, it would have to be more like a vent, (aimed towards ur windshield) and it would have to be the same as the stock hood scoop on the car... i mean, the same exact one... the one thats in the center of ur hood from the grille all the way back towards the vents by ur windshield... and it would only be slightly larger than the stock one in height... say a half an inch... why destroy the sunny by putting on a WRX hoodscoop... one it would look rice... do you have a bluebird or an engine with the intercooler placed directly ontop of ur engine? the WRX hoodscoop is in its location for a reason, so the intercooler could be mounted right under it... so you want to place a hood scoop that looks... well ugly as hell, on a nissan sentra... that isnt even in the same round shape as the hood scoop... (take note b12 is square, WRX is round) on a stock B12?

I'm sorry. it sounds like you arent proud of the image of your sentra... I can understand... stock sentras arent great looking...

So here let me give you something to be proud of... the production line of the B12 started in japan in 1985... this means the B12 body is now considered classic... you are a owner of the Import classic! Also... the B12 body was built to be a smaller version of the Blue bird... google 910 Bluebird... they look almost exactly the same... the B12 was the most advance car nissan had ever built at the time of its productin... The B12 is ranked one of the most reliable vehicles ever built in modern times... the B12 was prized for its compact size, but rather large interior... its design was by far state of the art, al tho the square shape car was considered, out of style in the late 80s in America... Retro style cars are coming back in style. square shaped ones in particular... and 80s Imports are now considered the next collector cars... thats right, B12s are now the next big thing in some parts of the nation... and already been the big thing in many parts of asia!

the B12 is also a great performance car... an AWD version was made in Japan and some people in Japan continue to work on the B12, its light weight, but sturdy design if well taken care of, allows it to compete, if not rape modern Skylines! The B12s designs are now bein dusted off by Nissan as they are now attempting to build its modern cars witha little more modern touch based off the ideas of the B12... B12s didn't come stock with the weaker E16s and the Gay18s... the Ca18DETs were often tossed in the B12s in japan... incase you didn't know... the CA18DET and SR20DET are ranked pretty much the same performance wise... neither one has been proven to out perform the other... besides the fact the CA18det is more boost friendly... the SR20DET just has more aftermarket support as its newer than the CA designs, but old enough for people to build stuff for it...

Try some of these things to help you with the B12s looks... a bodykit... somethinf square that suits the B12 nicely... Slightly larger rims, I use 16s... A lot of people complain you can't use 16s... but if you go to discount tires direct... they will show you the proper tire you can use for up to 18'' rims on the B12 and still not scrub! Lower it... I have about 5'' drop on mine, I think thats to much, but I like how it looks for now... I will raise in in a few weeks... an aftermarket exhaust, I would refrain from the larger Fart cannons most civics and ricers have... I think they are ugly I'm sorry... go with some more square, or... sleeper style... I have duel exhaust... and then a nice paint job... its hard to put designs or decals on this style car without it looking out of place... but... paint reflects off square cars better than rounder cars... so that means what ever paint job you toss on a B13... wont look near as good as it would on a B12...

-Fix

#6 ·
I Agree with the B12 being a timeless classic, I was just thinking out side the box yet again. The only thing i have done to mine is i trimmed up a 87 pulsar spoiler and threw it on the back! it gives it the classic 80's look without over doing it! My plans for my b12 are to keep the classic feel it has but maby a few more horses out of the little E-series it has and update the interior and rims. Not with big flashy DUBS but some B13/14 aloys. The more stock it is the more value and nostalgia it has. Its something different and i enjoy it.

#7 ·
throw some nice b14 ser rims on there! they look great!
and can get them fairly cheap!

#9 ·
eibach sportlines, road magnet,h&r,intrax, tein coilovers(hehe...if you got cash to burn)just to name a few...everyone has their own opinion on them...i used eibach and intrax with agx adjustable shocks had good results...now im spoiled and have tein coilovers...will they are for my awd turboed pulsar but might swap them into the wagon for a while just for S#its and giggles...lol
you can use any for a b13 too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.