Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anything be done to the intake manifold to improve flow for FI applications? you can polish and port it right?

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, anything else???

btw, isnt extrude honing a bit costly?

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how long do the effects actually last?

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can also switch to a bigger throttle body... and have the inlet port matched to the new tb... opens it up quite a lot... if you go with a 70 mm tb you gain 10 mm in area...

you can have the manifold gasket matched to the intake gasket... it helps with the flow a lot... that along with the bigger tb and you have corrected about 40 percent of the bad air flow paterns in the intake...

next thing that can be done is remove the secondairy butterflies in your intake... pull the intake and remove just the little metal plates... 2 philips head screws per plate... this in itself fixes most of the breathing problems in the intake manifold... with this mod expect harder starts in cold weather... less choke but it is worth it in the flow department... if you are good with a tig welder or know someone who is then remove the rod that runs the butterflys and have the holes welded shut... then the bar is not in there to cause turbulance in the air paths...

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
somethingwicked said:
you can also switch to a bigger throttle body... and have the inlet port matched to the new tb... opens it up quite a lot... if you go with a 70 mm tb you gain 10 mm in area...

you can have the manifold gasket matched to the intake gasket... it helps with the flow a lot... that along with the bigger tb and you have corrected about 40 percent of the bad air flow paterns in the intake...

next thing that can be done is remove the secondairy butterflies in your intake... pull the intake and remove just the little metal plates... 2 philips head screws per plate... this in itself fixes most of the breathing problems in the intake manifold... with this mod expect harder starts in cold weather... less choke but it is worth it in the flow department... if you are good with a tig welder or know someone who is then remove the rod that runs the butterflys and have the holes welded shut... then the bar is not in there to cause turbulance in the air paths...
i'm definitely gonna have my friend bore out the tb, i dont know about the removal of the butterflies bc we do get nasty winters here in jersey, but definitely worth a look :thumbup:

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crappolla, that costs a shit load of $$$$$$$$$$ $600 :jawdrop:

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
screw that, theres other ways to play

·