Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 91-94 GA16 intake plenum fit on a 95-99 GA16? I already grabbed an sr20 tb and then found out that for some reason you can't do the tb swap with my 99 manifold. Anybody know? My other question, which I'm sure I know the answer to already, but I have to ask, can I put the sr20 plenum on my ag16 head? I'm pretty sure the bolt patterns are different, but I'm just checking. Any info will be great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind guys....I found a thread where someone already asked most of my same questions....any ideas on how to get the sr tb on my 99 ga16?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the stock size is 50mm right? if it is, how large can I go with it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, the manifolds should, but I found a good reason or two not to swap them, the largest of them being the runner size. I just gotta see about someplace local who might be able to bore out my tb.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
us 91-94 guys are lucky. you can bolt that 1995 SR20 TB right on and you have what a 60mm or 62mm. I measured it a long time ago. You can use the TPS sensor as is, on a 1992 GA. The cables hook right up. Its really nice. But the newer units use a totally different sensor positions, the TB is totally different with sensors, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
does this make a noticeable diff? if so im breaking out the die grinder... can someone post pics of how they did thers ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help, 93 1.6 sentra engine into a 98 sentra gxe. I've switched couple sensors to match connecting plugs, dist., bracket for A/C, alt., p/s pump, so all will work. PROBLEM, head if different, have to use 93 intake and plenum, intake ports don't match. So I'll use 98
tb with 93 engine. Some emmison hoses differ, routing them to where I think they should go. PROBLEM,98 top of plenum is a gizmo, looks like elec. motor with 2 emmision hoses, 6 prong plug. 93 has two 2 prong plugs and is open n backside into plenum. Do I plate block opening or can I rewire it? Any other help is great. 93 was a 5spd., 98 auto., so I've tried to keep all 98 hook ups the same.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Your gonna have issues with the ECU. Also the best way to get this done is use the entire 93 engine. The 91-94 and 95-99 have different heads as you have noticed.You can port the manifold to match it but then you still have all the upper intake issues with the TPS and IACV as you have also found. Your best bet if you dont want to get a new ECU is to try to find a 95-99 GA for your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
'93 to '98 sentra engine swap, difference

Your gonna have issues with the ECU. Also the best way to get this done is use the entire 93 engine. The 91-94 and 95-99 have different heads as you have noticed.You can port the manifold to match it but then you still have all the upper intake issues with the TPS and IACV as you have also found. Your best bet if you dont want to get a new ECU is to try to find a 95-99 GA for your car.
Let me reword for you, I'm putting 93 engine in a 98 car. Switching over alt., a/c, p/s, TB, exh., dist., brackets and hoses from 98 to 93 engine. Different EVAP system, 98 has a EVAP canister purge volume control valve, don't see one on 94. I've got diagrams of both, so I'm figuring where to route them. What's IACV-AAC and IACV-FICD stand for? 93 has 2 elec. plugs and 98 one plug. Different locations also, so I was going to leave 93 bolted to intake opening and use the one on the 98, I believe it's on the thottle body. Do you think I'll still have issues with ECU ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes you will have major issues with the ECU. The 91-94 engines are OBDI 95-99 are OBDII.
Your ECU will be looking for readings from sensors you dont have on the 93. IM not sure about the IACV-aac or ficd terms. IACV is idle air control valve. On the 95+ its on the throttle body 91-94 its on the passenger side of the intake manifold. If you want to use a 91-94 you will need the engine wiring harness and ECU from the donor car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts