Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is a 240sx considered a "sports car" by insurance companies, or a "2 door coupe"? of what i understand, they are two different categories.

i am strongly considering trading for a 240sx within the next year or so, but i need to know how much difference in insurance it should be.

i have a 1994 saturn sc2 (its considered a 2 door coupe). do you think i will expect to pay more, less, or about the same for insurance on a 240sx?

·
Registered
405 Posts
adam1027 said:
is a 240sx considered a "sports car" by insurance companies, or a "2 door coupe"? of what i understand, they are two different categories.

i am strongly considering trading for a 240sx within the next year or so, but i need to know how much difference in insurance it should be.

i have a 1994 saturn sc2 (its considered a 2 door coupe). do you think i will expect to pay more, less, or about the same for insurance on a 240sx?
I believe it was considerd a sports car my insurance was higher with a 1990 240sx then when i had my 93 se-r. i am not positive on the sports car but pretty sure.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think that depends on the insurance company...I know that with erie it's pretty cheap, with minimal coverage I had my 92 jetta on and it cost something like 900 a year, I added the 240, and it only went up 100 bucks a year...no complaints here...

·
Registered
405 Posts
240luvr said:
I think that depends on the insurance company...I know that with erie it's pretty cheap, with minimal coverage I had my 92 jetta on and it cost something like 900 a year, I added the 240, and it only went up 100 bucks a year...no complaints here...
Yeah i have erie but i had the 240 as my main car with full coverage.

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
zlr101 said:
Yeah i have erie but i had the 240 as my main car with full coverage.
For All of the Above:

I don't know about in the United States, but I am from Canadan and every insurance company I checked with was around the same.
For Public Liability (Minimum coverage) Each company was with in $100 of each other, and the quoted price was only $100 more than my previous vehicle 1991 Ford Aerostar :loser: .
When It comes to collision and all the other fancy coverage that is when insurance prices go up for the car type. If you plan on getting full coverage you will pay more for insurance on a car classed as a "Sports Cars". My suggestion, pretend you did nothing when it comes to aftermarket upgrades and performance gear. :thumbup: .

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
It should be about the same price maybe a few bucks more than the saturn... The 240sx is considered a "sports coupe" by factory and insurance standards... so is the Saturn (hence the "SC" in SC2)... My 90 integra was the same price as the 240... BTW I work for an Insurance Company

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DaCheat said:
My suggestion, pretend you did nothing when it comes to aftermarket upgrades and performance gear. :thumbup: .

heh, i was planning on doing that anyway :D

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
NP mang! Get the 240sx you wont regret it. When it works LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts