Nissan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
RadioInsomnia said:
Yep, very true. The CLUE guys act like a credit reporting agency, keeping your insurance claims history for 7 years. Sucks, but that's the way it is. State Farm pulled my CLUE report when I tried to get a quote from them in '02 (when I was 20), said "Oh, you have one accident, sorry" and refused to write me a policy.

Different companies may have varying policies about what they look at. I know that Progressive only looks at the last 35 months of your DMV record and CLUE history.

I currently pay $85/month for liability from Progressive. I saw a big drop when I turned 21 and two drops last year--one last spring when my first accident hit the 35-month mark, and another at my last renewal when Progressive lowered their rates 2-3% across the board. I turn 25 in November, and my record will be clean at that point, so I'll see another drop right about the time my Sentra will probably hit 200K miles and I'll be in the market for a new car. I may check State Farm's rates again then.
I have state farm and full coverage.
I had two minor collisions that were my fault in a few months 2 years ago.
They charge me $100 / 6 months accident adder.
Get discounts for multiple vehicle, home owners, plus bonus for how long I have been with them etc
so it would be about $600 / 6 months for the pathfinder and the Sentra without the accidents.
No tickets and we are over 25 !!!

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
Bunta said:
I pay $20 a month for my 98 200sx :thumbup: :hal:
What coverage do you have ?
company etc. Wow thats good.....
:)

· Registered
49 Posts
$36 a month full coverage for '99 Sentra GXE, '98 Grand Caravan, and '94 Mustang GT. That's for me and the wife. I have 2 speeding tickets in the last 4 years, so not sure how that works. We have Allstate, but we have our auto ins. tacked onto our house insurance, which raises our insurance to a total of $96 a month. Check into stuff like that folks. Gecko won't do it, this I know for sure. That's why I switched to Allstate.

· Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone. It seems like all of you are paying way too much for Auto Insurance. I live in Southern California, am 19, a Female, no Ticket or Accidents, 20 years old, been licensed for almost a year and a half and I own a 1996 Nissan Sentra GXE. I pay 257 dollars total for 6 months! It is like 40 something a month and I go through AIS. Honestly, they are great to me and my family and I would refer them to anyone! AIS is just a broker but my actual company is Mercury. My boyfriend owns a 2004 Mustang GT and he is 22 years old no tickets or accidents and he pays about 300 a month for Insurance and that is including his Military Discount! Are all of you driving Sentras?

· Registered
665 Posts
BlackMagic said:
I live in Southern California, am 19, a Female, no Ticket or Accidents, 20 years old,
Ummmm....you're 19 AND 20? :confused:

Anyway, what you pay depends on where you live. I'm paying around $117/mo for full coverage on my '98 SE-R. I'm in TX, which is NOT a no-fault state. No-fault states will have lower rates b/c you can only get enough money to fix whatever was broken, IIRC. But hey, I'm no insurance expert either. Just my .02

· Registered
9 Posts
99 sentra < $50/month

I have Geico and pay $44/month for minimum coverage. I don't drive frequently, and don't go on long trips, so I have the minimum required by California DMV. (Liability only)

Obviously, this can go up or down depending on where you live, driving record, etc.

· Registered
35 Posts
Oh shoot lol...I recently had a birthday and was half asleep when I posted that LOL. I am 20 years old and a female. Sorry about my comment I am really not a ditz, LOL. The other night I caught someone trying to break into my car so I jumped in my car and followed them (this was at 3 in the morning!) So anyway I was on the phone with the Police and it ended up being the truck the wannbe thieves were in was stolen! I feel good that atleast one person was able to get their stolen car back! The funny thing is the cops actually ended up calling me on the telephone and said thank you and that I did a good job!

· Registered
665 Posts
Awesome! It's good to hear another idiot is off the street, if only temporarily. And I was just kidding about the remark earlier. It was just worth a laugh.

· Registered
307 Posts
$291 a month with Progressive. Got rejected from State Farm because no driving history. Everything else is just as expensive. Min insurance for Maryland.

I got a speeding ticket a couple weeks ago and Im about to move to CA in about 5 days.. Im scared of what it will be after all that goes into it...

· Registered
66 Posts
I am paying $586 every 6 months for minimum coverage with Progressive.
Thats for a 1992 2 door sentra in CA. No tickets/violations of any kind, and I have had my license for 2 years (Im 21). Hopefully my rate will go down after 3 years...

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.