Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· HYDYST?
116 Posts
Whoever you try, they will run your drivers license.
Usually, ins cos don't share specific records with each other unless they are settling a claim.

In general, it is at fault claims and tickets that raise your rates.

Ive totalled a 6mo old car, had two windows (break ins) and a windshield replaced (from debris), and three paint repairs for scratches and dents done (parking lots). Had a new wheel, tire and strut assembly replaced along with minor body work and more paint from an unavoidable road hazard.(Damn SUVs)
No insurance penalties because it was not my fault each time.

For tickets, I've been told by my agent that one speeding ticket is a freeby. I currently have none but when I did have one, no rate increase.

Also, there are two versions of State Farm. regular and Mutual. The mutual is much cheaper.

Get a copy of your drivng record from the DMV and shop around. Good luck!

· HYDYST?
116 Posts
Sorry about the ticket.:(
If you hurry, you could probably get insurance before it goes on your record.
For beating the ticket, the best way is to try and change it to a time the officer can't show up. Even if you can't change the court date, the officer still might not show up.
If that is the case, it should be dismissed unless you plead guilty.
I don't know what the laws are in OR. YMMV Usually stuff comes off your license in 3 yrs. The improper turn may also not be a pt giving offense, or if it is, not as many pts as speeding. It is the total points on your record that count, you may still be below the suspension limit.
Call your DMV for a list of point values given for infractions, and total points for suspension.
Good luck:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.