Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to this forum, have been in Jeep forums forever. Want to know if it is possible to install an instrument cluster with a tach into a 1994 Sentra that has an instrument cluster without a tach. If so, which one and what mods are needed? I read a previous post, but no help.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Yes its possible, there is a write up for the B14.
I assume you have th electronic speedo pickup and same cluster.
You have to take apart the three cluster plugs and re-configure them.
If you are willing to do that then I will look for the instructions if you cant find them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the risk of sounding stupid, and I know I do, I don't have a clue what a B14 is and I don't know if I have the electronic pickup for the speedometer, but I assumed you guys would know. Were there variations in the speedo for that year? Also, I still don't know what year and make instrument cluster to locate that will fit. As for the question of reconfiguring connectors, I am an electronic technician, so that is no problem. Do I need to remove cluster to determine type of speedo and what year will work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks for the attempt to help. I found the write-up at ninety-9. I originally dismissed the write-up due to missing links, but found it, now. Thanks, again.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Yours is a later B13, and the electric speedo pick up came in late in the B13 production.
The two major clusters are for the GA16 and the SR20
Both workand are interchangeable but have different red lines.
Later clusters have things like security lights, but if you have an orinary car then basically any cluster will fit.
I found a 96 SX200 cluster with tach with the same milage as my car on car-parts.com about 200 miles away for $50
I strongly suggest you download the FSM for your car and comare the wiring diagrams with and without Tach from
phatg20.net for free.
Make sure the tach needle is on zero, if broken they can be at red line
hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, and I did download the FSM. Very helpful. I have my eye on a 1999 GXE cluster with almost same mileage and very same speed and tach (130 and 8K).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts