Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum today, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have a 1994 Sentra XE that I just did an engine swap on. GA16... Went to Pick & Pull for some BMW parts and thought I'd take a look around since the engine in my Sentra blew 3 holes in the block about 2 years ago. There was an engine already pulled and ready to hoist into my truck with 97,000 miles showing on the odometer. Too good to be true right... :woowoo:

At any rate, everything went beautifully, purrs like a kitten and passed smog with virtually no emissions... Now when I turn the head lights on, the dash lights go out after exactly 3 seconds, then it's like I have to wait for something to cool for approx 5 min. Same thing every time, all fuses are fine, I can't seem to find any relays in the FSM that would be related to the lights. Also, the clock is illuminated when the light switch is off and dark with the lights on. And last but not least, my brights no longer work either, but I could live with that for the time being...

Last little problem before she's back on the road, hope someone might have an idea, I searched this forum front to back and it would seem a rather unique problem. Thanks for taking your time to read this and for any advice anyone may have. Time to go back to some of the other posts that I could put some help up on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, I think I've gotten too used to electrical problems being very difficult... very strange that the intermittent problem was so exact for so long but my problem ended up in the dimmer switch, in the end, a few seconds would have saved me several days of looking around... live and learn I guess.... oh well, reading around in here gave me the idea to check out the dimmer in the first place so I have to be thankful this forum exists.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was just about to chime in that it might be the dimmer switch, someone had mentioned that to me when i first got my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts