Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Aerospeed short shifter. And I read the directions on nissanperformancemag.com but is there any easier way or if I take the exhaust off will it mess up if I put it back on? Could you guys help me out.

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
racinsentra said:
I just bought a Aerospeed short shifter. And I read the directions on nissanperformancemag.com but is there any easier way or if I take the exhaust off will it mess up if I put it back on? Could you guys help me out.
Where are you in NC? Maybe I can help.

I didnt have to take my exaust off the hangers to install my SS. It took me about an Hour since it was my first time doing it and I was looking around at other stuff under the car also. But all in all from start to finish it should take around 20-30min with No BSing...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
selma, but what did you do to take it off did you take the exhaust apart or did you just take off the heat shield.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
i didn't have to touch my exhaust either, but i have a couple universal joints for my sockets. without those you would probably need to drop the catalytic convertor on one end. i've put a couple different s/s's in so if you need any help id be glad to

·
NX2000 Bredren
212 Posts
racinsentra said:
selma, but what did you do to take it off did you take the exhaust apart or did you just take off the heat shield.
If you drive to Raleigh Ill help you if Im not busy. Im pretty sure the heat shield has 4 bolts holding it on IIRC. Take those off and you have access to everything you need. All I did was leave the car sitting for about 2 hours on a windy day. Then jack it up. Take the heat shield off and Switch the shifters out...

Thats where the tricky part came though. After putting the heat shield back in and seeing how much I had to bang it in. I did just that and put it back in. Well I wasnt used to how short the throws were. So when I was in first I thought I was in nuetral and the shifter wouldnt move side to side so I took the heat shield back out and tried again. The next time I really was in nuetral but the side to side movement in nuetral also gets shorter with the SS and I didnt know that. So anyway long story short...after the second try at it and me thinking the heatshield was still keeping my shifter from moving freely I threw the Heat shield in the garage and called it a day. On my first drive I realized it was just that the throw had gotten shorter from side to side in nuetral. But Im to lazy to put the heat shield back in...so I just chaulk it up to weight savings!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts