Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this kinda cheap alarm system for my car and one thing it has is when you open the door and the light turns one(ex:dome) it triggers the alarm..but i guess the dome light is not enough to trigger the change. so i was wondering if i can install another light and have it go on when i open my door?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Has it ever worked? If it did work at one time and doesnt work now, im assuming that the alarm is ran off of the switch on the door jamb, that tell the light when to come on. is your dome light still working?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the dome light works..its just not enough power for the alarm to sense the change in current

..but when i turn my high beams on or the hazards the alarm goes off..so i know the alarm works . i just need a stonger light so when a door opens it goes off.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
could you simply wire a relay to the dome light or another light that comes on? then power the relay by the battery and use the dome light as the relays triger.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pete..that is what i would like to do...is add another light..somehow have it connected to the dome light..so when a door opens it turns on

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,227 Posts
mojeb21 said:
pete..that is what i would like to do...is add another light..somehow have it connected to the dome light..so when a door opens it turns on
ok. how about this.....
Get a fog light relay and socket from somewhere like pepboys. The wire from the dome lamp grounds through the pin switch at the door jamb. so you will need 12v from a fused wire through the relay to the grounding switch. I think you can find the wire ok under the side pannel in the foot well. Look in the FSM to find the right wire.
BTW please check that your car is wired that way.
Now the relay will turn on when the switch is opened. choose something to turn on, parking lights? about 2A or so, so you should be in good shape.
Is that enough detail ?
Good luck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts