Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of a project car and legally registering it as a daily driven car.In various car magazines I have seen a few small block V8's fitted.Has anyone removed the straight 6 and fitted a V8? What other modifications did you have to do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Denv12 said:
I am thinking of a project car and legally registering it as a daily driven car.In various car magazines I have seen a few small block V8's fitted.Has anyone removed the straight 6 and fitted a V8? What other modifications did you have to do?

Thanks.
yes where i live there is a guy with an old beat up orange color 280 with a 350 with a th 350 trans so i guess it can be done

my best friend and i crammed a 302 into an 84 benz 240d
about 4 years ago i think i still have some pics of the install

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
IIRC they were predominantly the LS1 swaps...I'll check a mag I have that has info on the swap itself. It can be done although I dont see why considering the potency of existing Nissan Z engines.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think you should just modify your engine man, the Z engine will last longer than any american engine you find. I would just turbo it.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Yes you can it has been done alot. I would recommend an LS1 swap or SBC 350. Hybridz.org has all the information you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank for all replies.

Thanks to everyone for their replies and the advice.I am now looking at the options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts