Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup ppl?? im thinkin about buyin a alarm for my car becuz i need to keep my car until i finish college so i have been lookin around and i found a phoenix digital alarm and it sounds good so i wanna know whut kinda alarm yall have on yall 240s???

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1483.html

and whut do u think of this alarm is it a good one or not???

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
What kind of alarm do I have on my car? I try to make it look like it's not worth stealing. The front fascia is black, the car is OE dark blue, and the left quarter is primer. The liftback lid is black to match the front fascia. The only giveaway that the car is extremely modified is the interior... Short throw shifter, Momo steering wheel, brushed aluminum guage bezels, 30psi boost gauge, Nismo 4 point racing harnesses... But I still don't think anyone would steal it. People just probably think I'm a ricer, lol.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Alarms are all about the install, I've seen so many bad installs that cause major headaches or are really easy to disarm.

I like the Ignited alarm, it comes with a remote starter, keyless entry, programmable functions, etc. We sell it where we work for $179, so its not much more than that $100 alarm, but again, its all about the install.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i wanna install this alarm myself bcuz im tired of payin ppl to do work on my car..but there is so many damn wires... and i have no clue where everything goes....

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
cwrr226 said:
well i wanna install this alarm myself bcuz im tired of payin ppl to do work on my car..but there is so many damn wires... and i have no clue where everything goes....
Dude, I'm telling you, save yourself the headache and get it installed in a shop or by a talented electrician (not some friend of a friend of a friend). My dad has seen all kinds of problems from guys that were too cheap to get it installed right, and my dad hates doing electrical troubleshooting on cars.

Nothing sucks more than when your car's battery dies every couple of days, your car won't start, or worse it dies on the highway. Something things you can get by with doing yourself, somethings are better left to a professional.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts