Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2001 nissan frontier 3.3 2wd automatic nonsupercharged. My transmission went out so I went and got a transmission out of a 2003 xterra. Got the transmission in and now no matter what gear I put it in its in reverse. neutral and D 1 or 2. I don't understand what is going on. Is it possible I need the tcu out of the xterra.. any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,675 Posts
Ok so I have a 2001 nissan frontier 3.3 2wd automatic nonsupercharged. My transmission went out so I went and got a transmission out of a 2003 xterra. Got the transmission in and now no matter what gear I put it in its in reverse. neutral and D 1 or 2. I don't understand what is going on. Is it possible I need the tcu out of the xterra.. any help would be great.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Yes, you should use the TCM from the Xterra. The TCM is programmed to work properly with that A/T.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,473 Posts
The different TCM would not cause the Xterra transmission to do nothing and the Frontier TCM may work just fine in this application. More than likely, the Xterra transmission is bad. You could check the line pressure. Sometimes what happens on these transmissions is the splines strip where the input shaft engages the torque converter, which would result in no oil pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts