Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Installed the XYZ Racing intake off ebay, set me back $45 shipped, and $7 getting the bolts and a fitting that the kit left out... Now I have a check engine light on but the car runs fine. The kit had no place to insert the Air Temp that I unbolted from the air box, so I slipped it into the cone filter on the outside. I checked for leaks in the system but nothing seemed evident, and until my buddy gets back to school, I can't go in and get free use of the School Auto Shop's Computer Diagnostics System.

Has any one installed this kit on a 1995 GXE automatic before?
Is it the Air Temp that is the problem?

The car runs fine, but I have to drive about 80 miles to work and back each day so I have to know it works. I can feel and here the better power and sound in the top end, and it getting off the line a hell of a lot better. I can't weight to see the boost to my MPG on the freeway, most my work driving is done on I-5 from Albany to Salem (Oregon) and I get about 35 now doing 80mph thats around 3000rpm unless I can draft a pickup or something, that's taken it down as low as 2700rpm and man was it smoother in the air pocket.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
Under the ga16 section of the forums there is a post that teaches you how to check CELs. You don't need a computer, it's pretty simple. You pretty much just need a screwdriver.

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
actually it's in the b14 section, in the sticky posts at the top. I'm an idiot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts