Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
OT's E-Referee
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you see from the title I was the person who bought 1993NX1600canadian's JWT ECU on ebay. I was a little worried about the outcome considering his dispute a while back. Last weekend I swapped the JWT cams from my 97 Sentra to my 93 since I got the ecu. I got more of a gain in my 93 than I did in my 97 with the cams strange as it sounds. Then tuesday I installed the ecu. After installing it I turned the key and everything including the dome light shut off. My first thought was "oh god what did I screw up". I popped the hood and started looking through fuses when I noticed the dome light had come back on so I tried to start it again and again everything died. So I got out the jumper cables and wouldn't ya know it she started right up so ended up replaces the battery. I took it for a test drive and immediately noticed a large gain in mid-range and top end power. Every once in a while I do notice a slight slip in the stock clutch but I expected that. I also tested the redline which is where it should be at 7300 rpms. I'm planning to dyno it within the next month or 2 to see exactly how much I got. I'm not sure what was wrong on 1993NX1600canadian's car but it seems to be doing what it should be on my car. Just wanted to let everyone know that I've concluded the ecu was good for those who wondered. I'm planning to set the record whp for an NA GA16DE. Every so often I'll get it dyno'd after mods to my results but my goal is to beat 150 whp. Everyone talks like its really hard but I have a lot of ideas so we'll see where it leads.

Mitch

1 - 1 of 1 Posts