Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a hotshot cold air intake installed on my 200sx, but would not dare to do a job like this. If i buy the cai where could i get this installed at?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Most likely the same place you bought it at... If you buy it on the internet it will cost you more to get it installed at a "performance" shop because you didn't buy the product off of them ("performance" shop). So buy it out of a local "performance" shop and have them install it at the same time. It will most likely run you a lil cheaper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
the cold air things are easy to install, just do it and save a couple bux

jr

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SuperblkStalion said:
the cold air things are easy to install, just do it and save a couple bux

jr
Yeah, if you need help, I can help you out and send some pics as well. It's easy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Intakes

Anyone have intake issues living in a rain-friendly climate? I live in the Pacific NW, and want to get a CAI, but not if it screws up my car. How big of an advantage would a WAI be over a CAI to someone living in the PNW?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Zexel said:
just get a Bypass Valve. Not worth the 50 bucks, but if you're worried, hell it wouldn't hurt.
i heard of those things falling apart and getting into the engine. aslong as you avoid a pothole the size of your car youwill be fine. i have had my cai for a long time driving in the rainwith n issues

jr

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sr20Power said:
Could ya give me some advice Almera? -- my only concern is whether or not the intake piping will fit next to the battery. It looks kinda tight, but I'm not sure.

Sr20Power
You might have to modify the battery tray a little bit. The easiest way is to remove the battery tray and loosen all the bolts for it. Line up the CAI lower pipe and drill/cut/whatever the hole. When it's time to put the pipe in place to the MAF, you may need to drill out some of the holes in the battery tray. Drill the holes larger or slot them in the direction you need the tray to go. It's fairly simple. I'll take a few pictures of my CAI/battery in a few minutes when I go out

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sr20Power said:
Thanks for you time, dude.

I really appreciate you doing this for me (and probably others too!)

:cool:
Sr20Power
If you go here, you can see some pictures:

http://www.kieranlavin.com/ray

Start with picture DSC00517 and on from there. The other pictures are from Carl Monopoli's house. Pictures 490-492 are not gay guys... that's a ghetto spring compressor. Jeremy Keppler holding my suspension while Ray Kawski (on bottom in green coveralls) and I (blue coveralls) act as the compressor. We're smart motherf'ers don't you think? ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
02 ALMERA said:
If you go here, you can see some pictures:

http://www.kieranlavin.com/ray

Start with picture DSC00517 and on from there. The other pictures are from Carl Monopoli's house. Pictures 490-492 are not gay guys... that's a ghetto spring compressor. Jeremy Keppler holding my suspension while Ray Kawski (on bottom in green coveralls) and I (blue coveralls) act as the compressor. We're smart motherf'ers don't you think? ;)
Thanks, those were awesome pics (gotta love high-res digital cameras). Lol, looks like everyone was having fun acting as a compressor, frankly -- I would've been scared to play with such a force!!! But I'm yellow (no pun intended!).

Wish I had something to help you with, but it seems you know more than I do. Heck, if you ever wanted to know how to say something in Vietnamese.....

Sr20Power

·
Registered
210 Posts
There are 2 sensors on the intake. One is the O2 and the other is the temperature sensor. I just bought a short ram intake and i noticed there is no place to put the temperature sensor. What did you guys do with yours?? Any help would be great...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nissan200sxSER said:
There are 2 sensors on the intake. One is the O2 and the other is the temperature sensor. I just bought a short ram intake and i noticed there is no place to put the temperature sensor. What did you guys do with yours?? Any help would be great...
There should only be the one sensor directly on the intake - the temp sensor. The O2 is actually on the primary of your header. You may be thinking of the MAF sensor going into the MAF (between the upper - warm - and lower - cold - parts of the intake?)

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
If you guys are worried about hydro-locking then when it rains take the cai extension off and run a wai. I never had issues with my cai locking up and i drove through some pretty serious storms.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts