Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently in a little fender bender with my 200 SX. I've got to replace the headlights and turn signal bulb housing and I was wondering if anyone can point me to some threads on proper installation techniques? Are they easy installs or am I better off taking it to a shop?

Apologies if this has been previously addressed, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
your headlight and corner light? very easy. first open your hood and you will see a screw faceing up at the very very "tip" of your fender (unscrew this and you can pull your corner light strate out) now if you are looking head on at your head lights there are 2 screws on the left side that face your line of sight. if you are looking this way ^, the screws are faceing this way >. and those 2 screws are on the out side of the light houseing. on the inside they are paralell with your line of sight and behind the lamp. word to the wise though, spray ample amounts of WD-40 on them and let it soak, then spray more and let it soak more.2 of my screw bolts were rusted on so when i took them off it broke the retaining plastic (keeps the other end from turning) and i had to dremel it off.

Reactions: Nostrodomas

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
jdub said:
What about the turn signal housing? Is that pretty easy to replace?
it only has one screw on the top of it and then it pulls strate out. this is quite simple. :thumbup: good luck

·
Spidey One
164 Posts
I had to replace my corners when I hit something on da road...replacement is very easy. I'm going to replace my headlights soon too...I can't have new corners and yellow headlights (see pics in sig so you can see what I'm talking about). I've been riding like this for at least 6 months easy...SUCKS A$$.

But anyways...follow Pete's instructions, it's pretty simple once you get in there and see what he's talking about. Good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the corner lights are easy to replace, but I'm talking about the bulb housing, where the wires connect? The housing is bent and needs to be replaced.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
im sure lew will be along and he could give you some great clips out of the FSM. but non the less mine will work just the same :thumbup: USE WD-40

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
jdub said:
I know the corner lights are easy to replace, but I'm talking about the bulb housing, where the wires connect? The housing is bent and needs to be replaced.
?? bent?.......... its plastic :confused:

your talking about the thing the bulb sits in and the wires attach to? the "harness" as some call it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry. I meant the prongs inside that connect to the bulb are bent. I had some water leak inside the clear corner, so the housing is rusty, too.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
jdub said:
Sorry. I meant the prongs inside that connect to the bulb are bent. I had some water leak inside the clear corner, so the housing is rusty, too.
hmmm i possitive the houseing is just plastic with some chromeish paint, i too have water in my houseing and there is no rust (it may just be dirt) and the prongs i have no idea....i would way just go the the yard and buy a new harness (just find another sentra and cut it off then splice it onto yours) and then buy those extra cheap "clear corners" for something like $15 off of ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts