Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used an ice scraper and my finger nails to get my inspection sticker off. It was a pain in the ass to say the least. I was wondering if anybody knew of a better way.

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
1900 said:
I used an ice scraper and my finger nails to get my inspection sticker off. It was a pain in the ass to say the least. I was wondering if anybody knew of a better way.
Use a sharp blade and glass cleaner.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip, it took me forever to get that thing off

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
**disclaimer** only use a blade on your front windshield! the tempered glass resists scratches.. .you WILL scratch side and rear glass with a metal blade.. for those use a safty blade(plastic)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
! burn? nooooooooooo, you have the dash right below it, rubber trim around the glass, the sealent. i would not use fire any where around that, you also have the plastic in the middle.

just use a razor or a nice sharp ice scraper

·
Registered
204 Posts
Some of that orange clean crap too. That should break down the glue I think.

Hehe, maybe that was an idea I made up in my head, being a fan of fire and all.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Scott said:
Use a sharp blade and glass cleaner.

Definitely the best choice.

Sometimes, with just the right pressure, it will peel off in strips when you use a razor blade like the above. Sometimes, it'll leave a little glue on the glass. If it leaves glue, you can wet the area with water or Windex and the scraper will be more effective.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
razor blade and goo gone.. best way... just dont use go nutz jes do it in row by row and be gentle as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just soak the sticker in glass cleaner and use a razor to scrap it off. Thats what my dad does at his work and what every tech does at my work...Simple and its easy

·
Registered
35 Posts
crazyness just use one of those razors pictures or a longer one for taking off inspection stickers at auto zone by a brand call OEM. what works good too and i always use.......a heat gun on the outside of the windshield.....by VERY careful as to no overheat...(keep on low and leave it on for a little while then take it away and back and forth) will loosen the glue you can even get them off without damage to glue or sticker ;) .........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts