Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had the WAI on my car for almost a year. I must say that I really like the fit and finish, as well as the HP gains.
Well, I was checking out their site today, and noticed that they released a cold air intake for the B14 200SX SE-R/B14 Sentra SE.
It looks really, really nice. Now after looking at it, I was thinking, why wouldn't the cold air extension (from the MAF adapter to the filter) work on the 1.6L. I called them, and they could not tell me if it would work or not. From looking at it, it looks like it would work just fine.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
hmmmmm I think u might have a good point here..

I actually checked out their site a while back after I saw how good your finish looked...

BUT what we need is some insight from people that have a little more know how about this type of question. I'd def. be intressted in a CAI from them.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it's called the cold air extension. I just wonder if the one they sell for the SR20DE will work on the GA16DE.
I think it should.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Yea, it's called the cold air extension. I just wonder if the one they sell for the SR20DE will work on the GA16DE.
I think it should.
is it for the injen?

i've noticed the only difference in CAI for both the SR and GA is the MAF adaptor piece, other than that the pipes are bent in the same location and same diameter... just the larger bolt pattern on the SR MAF...

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
it should work, basically the onlu thing there might be a prob with the MAF adaptor but tht is why u can always use a different adapter or drill holes
1clnb14 get the extension and u will see and prove to anyone else

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I already have the MAF adapter for the GA. All I would need is the silicone coupler, a couple of clamps and the extension. I wonder if they would sell it seperate?

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
Yea, I already have the MAF adapter for the GA. All I would need is the silicone coupler, a couple of clamps and the extension. I wonder if they would sell it seperate?
weell you can call thema nd tell them your extension piece was damaged in an accident and you need a replacement one...

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
James said:
yeah i think they sell the couplings but for more than you want to pay, there's a few sites that sell them for like 6-12 bucks each i think that's the cheapest i found.
Well, seeing that I show the car, I would want to get the injen one. to me, it's worth the cash.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
1CLNB14 said:
You can get some APC Silicon Couplers from NOPI (call Danny @ 877.700.6674). Here's the APC product numbers that I've found, they do come with 2 clamps each:

155056 2 1/2” Rubber Boot Kit (Red) $7.72
155057 2 1/2” Rubber Boot Kit (Blue) $7.72
155058 2 1/2” Rubber Boot Kit (Yellow) $7.72
155059 3” Rubber Boot Kit (Red) $7.72
155060 3” Rubber Boot Kit (Blue) $7.72
155061 3” Rubber Boot Kit (Yellow) $7.72
155062 Reducer Rubber Boot Kit (Red) $8.21
155063 Reducer Rubber Boot Kit (Blue) $8.21
155064 Reducer Rubber Boot Kit (Yellow) $8.21

If you can't get the stuff through NOPI try SCC Wholesale 1(877)674-4353

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
James said:
i've noticed the only difference in CAI for both the SR and GA is the MAF adaptor piece, other than that the pipes are bent in the same location and same diameter... just the larger bolt pattern on the SR MAF...

I ran into this slight problem when having a B14 SE-R PR CAI installed on my XE. The length of the upper "warm air" pipe was a bit longer than what was made for the 1.6L, so my MAF wires wouldn't reach. We ended up cutting off about 1" from the bottom of the "warm air" pipe to allow the MAF to fit properly. The "cold air" pipe into the fender fit just fine (as James mentioned above). Since I used a full B14 SE-R CAI, we ended up having to use some different sized tubing. Off hand, I can not remember which pieces or size variations, but this might be helpful for anyone going this route. For the record, I opted for this particular intake because I purchased it for a screamin' price... can't beat $50! :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Dont go through nopi. they are good but they are costy to. I can probably get you injen intake for a lil less.

I myself drive a 95 Sentra and i plan on modding it . but of course i do basic now like intake header and custom cat back but later on i plan on doing a full GTi-R engine swap.

And also i can get the 95-98 Nissan Sentra Chrome Altezza 3 Piece ( left,center,right) for 260 and also a 2 piece( left and right ) for only 180.

I have the picture of the 2 piece but no pic of the 3 yet.

2 Piece Altezza 95-98 Sentra

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
sentra94xe said:

I ran into this slight problem when having a B14 SE-R PR CAI installed on my XE. The length of the upper "warm air" pipe was a bit longer than what was made for the 1.6L, so my MAF wires wouldn't reach. We ended up cutting off about 1" from the bottom of the "warm air" pipe to allow the MAF to fit properly. The "cold air" pipe into the fender fit just fine (as James mentioned above). Since I used a full B14 SE-R CAI, we ended up having to use some different sized tubing. Off hand, I can not remember which pieces or size variations, but this might be helpful for anyone going this route. For the record, I opted for this particular intake because I purchased it for a screamin' price... can't beat $50! :D
Yeah I did the same thing! Got a PR CAI for 35 bucks if I remember correctly but it was for a 93 SE-R so I had to cut off about 1 to 1-1/2 off the end also. The pipe for the Se-R is also larger because the couplings don't quite fit on so easily.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
I'm in total agreeance. It took some fabbing, but worked out for the best.

Has anyone here dynoed this Injen intake? I'm wondering how it will do compared to the HS and PR CAI's.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
What size is the MAF Adapter for the 1.6L?? I have a 3" adapter but it is too small. So to wrap things up in one sentence. Will the Se-R tube fit the 1.6?? I know its a little bit longer but is the diameter the same??

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
The MAF adapter looks to be about 3" (using a ghetto ruler, could be off a 1/1000th :D ). I had used this on my MAF when I ran a Ractive POP-wannabe intake, and it fit just fine. Right now as stated I have a B14 SE-R PR CAI, and yes that piping fit nicely onto my stock MAF, but with the cutting of the upper pipe to allow the MAF wires to reach (see previous posts in this thread). The other modification necessary is with the air tubes in and out of the intake manifold and block. Because the intake was not made for this motor, some of the pipe's extensions were too big: these being what stick out of the upper pipe. We needed to get some tubing from Checker to fit over them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I actually found a decent site that sells Injen intakes for the 1.6

www.adventon.com -- I paid about a total of $150 including shipping for the polished one. I have to say that I can definitely feel the difference before and after.

Yeah, a CAI extension would be a nice addition. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts