Nissan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 143 Posts

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
INJEN has better gains then HOT SHOT?

is that true? if that is the case then forget HS CAI.. damn getting INJEN.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
no injen makes CAI but not one piece.. you need 2 buy the WAI and get an extension

·
Registered
87 Posts
yo selrider.....where did you get the cai for a 95-97 200sx at??? cause all i see if the regular intake...???

·
Registered
702 Posts
whats with all them displaying 95 to 97 200SX's on the websites...dont they know they made a 98 also!? but im plannin on getting HS CAI now you guys are gettin me all confused! injen vs. HS only a week left till i can order it. :(

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
they might make it for the 1998.. but if you want CAI you must buy the WAI and buy an extension.

·
Registered
87 Posts
yea thats what i have but i thought you said that it was the cai...cause thats not it...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Alright I finally got my CAI installed it took about an hour. Hardest part was cutting hole for the piping to go thru. I noticed alittle more power at 5000 to 7000 rpms. (Remember I have 19's on right know) I will take the car to the track next week I will update then.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
For all of you GA owners,

get the Injen WAI, I have it on my 99 and it fits like a glove. I don't know why they only list 95-97, but it works fine on my 99. hen order the extension for the SR20DE, it will fit. I've seen it on a GA16DE down in Portland, Oregon.
It has a very nice finish, and the MAF adapter is the best I've ever seen.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Does it yield better performance than hotshot? I think that's the question on everybody's mind with the Injen and Place Racing CAIs.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Does your expert opinion really matter? hah.. just kidding.. No really though, if that's true I might just go with Place Racing.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
selrider99 said:
does anyone have dyno results from a hot shot cai????
www.sentra.net/tech/garage/engine.php?S=e5dfb7c7354d9c15f7fbaf132a0401aa#Air Intakes

"Perhaps the most potent air intake is the CAI by Hotshot. I have tested this combo and found up to a 5 hp gain at 4500 rpm with 3 more peak hp. I was involved in testing the Hotshot prototype and its unique 3"-2.5" stepped diameter was the result of that testing. This gave the most power over the broadest power range. This part is one of my bang for the buck recommendations. " -sentra.net

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I've seen many complaints about Hotshots finish and customer service.
The finish on every Injen product I've ever seen is top quality.
I've never really dealt with their customer service, seeing that the product was so good.

I'm sure the performance is very similar between the two.

·
Team Serious
2,132 Posts
well my injen cai kicks ass.... i noticed the big diffrence between 4500-7000 rpms...it sounds really good to...nice deep sound and the finish is top of the line.....imo

41 - 60 of 143 Posts