Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the 400$? Does it really give ya a few mpg or is that the website blowing smoke? Anything I can do to increase the mpg a little?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Don't bother, they just end up making more noise than mpg. If you want to hear the air rush in get one, but you are also letting more dirt in to your engine. If you get 1 mpg, it would take a whole to get your money's worth. People usually end up getting worse, because they like to hear the air flowing if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Don't bother, they just end up making more noise than mpg. If you want to hear the air rush in get one, but you are also letting more dirt in to your engine.
Dumb question here... what if you change oil every 3000km (1800+ miles)? Would that still be too much contaminants in the engine? I'm thinking of installing a CAI given to me to try out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have one in my 2000 Frontier SE V6 and it did make a difference in gas milage. I just needed to get over the urge to constantly floor it to hear the difference in sound. If you can behave however, they do make a difference. As per an Injen intake, you are somewhat wasting your money there. Your paying for the name mostly. AEM Brute Force intakes are really good (what i have) and mine was only 280 brand new. All intakes are reletavely the same, it just depends on how much you want to spend. The only ones i'd say stay away from are the crappy "value" ones you see all over ebay...plastic piping..eww.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts