Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like I'm finally part of the gang. I finally got the dreaded 0201 CEL code on my '99 Maxima. It was bound to happen to me but couldn't have come at a worst time. (No more money due to Christmas goodies.) Sux that it's not yet giving me the code on which cylinder is misfiring and I'm too lazy to manually check and see which coil pack it could be. Looks like I'll be getting me some Mitsubishi coil packs soon. Does anyone know the cheapest place I can get them? I already priced out all 6 coil packls from Jerry Rome Nissan for $406. Happy Holidays everyone.

· In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
11,954 Posts
Yeah...Jerry Rome is about the cheapest, is that price with the discount code 'MAXIMA'? Unless you buy used, but you know the luck you could get buying used.

Pinnacle Nissan, however, would be cheaper...$346.20 for all 6. :)
Link: Pinnacle Nissan Coil Packs

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you purchased anything from Pinnacle Nissan B4? Ya, the Jerry Rome prices is already using the MAXIMA discount. Did you end up swapping out all 6 or just the one coil? Side question, when you do the ECU reset of clockwise->counterclockwise x3 is the key supposed to be turned to ON or OFF?

11,954 Posts
I haven't purchased anything from them yet but I have their link waiting just in case another coil pack goes out. They are a reputable dealer...people on the Org refer to them for parts.

I only swapped out the 1 coil...bought a used one from Loren. Haven't had a problem since.

I leave the key in the 'ON' position when resetting the ecu. I turn it back and forth a couple of times, then turn off the car and turn it back on and the codes are gone. :)

· DNE Boy
2,685 Posts
You only need to turn it back and forth once. A total of two times, once to check the code, once to reset. Turning it more won't erase it more =) (unless it's different for different years)

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imobejoas said:
You only need to turn it back and forth once. A total of two times, once to check the code, once to reset. Turning it more won't erase it more =) (unless it's different for different years)
Ok, cool thanks. I guess I remembered the procedure wrong since I have not done it on my car myself. Before I had a friend that had ODBII scanner do it for me but they have moved away. I need to get me a ODBII scanner myself since accessing the screw is a pain in the ass. I had to use a mirror to see the screw since my BIG head can't fit down there to get a direct line of sight for the screw.

11,954 Posts
meanbean said:
MrEous, I forgot to mention that I saw you car in front of the Borders/Best Buy parking lot over the weekend. Too bad we didn't get a chance to visit with one another.
Was that over at Bed/Bath & Beyond? :cool:
Xmas shoppin'!

I didn't see you though...were you 007?
lol

· DNE Boy
2,685 Posts
meanbean said:
Ok, cool thanks. I guess I remembered the procedure wrong since I have not done it on my car myself. Before I had a friend that had ODBII scanner do it for me but they have moved away. I need to get me a ODBII scanner myself since accessing the screw is a pain in the ass. I had to use a mirror to see the screw since my BIG head can't fit down there to get a direct line of sight for the screw.
Everyonce in a while, Harbor Freight, over at Beltline and Yale, will have ODBII scanners onsale. However I forgot how much they ran for. It was cheap, but not cheap enough to make me make an impulse buy. (mebbe $30?)

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MrEous said:
lol...I live off of i30 & Zion so I think we'll bump into each other sometime again for sure.
Ya, I was hoping to show off my new goodies to you: LCD, DVD, HIDs and RIMs. (Gotta luv the acronyms.) Also, I should be finish installing my rear view camera this weekend.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.