Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
any one ever heard of a product called TX-7? well i have seen this oil additive on the market for years boasting it reduces friction, adds horse power, and improves mileage...blah blah blah.
you know the song from those late night shows that suck you in. wanting you to buy this super lubricant additive that is SOOO good that you can even run your engine w/o oil or race it around a track at top speeds and it still keeps going instead of becoming a boat anchor or not have ANY damage at all. uh huh you know the ones i speak of. well I broke down and tried one TX-7 along with full synthetic oil (Mobil 1) that i had already been using and I noticed a difference all right. shock shock da sh*t actually does what it says I noticed more power on top end and mileage has improved. so i put this stuff in the gear box and WOW. the 5 speed gearbox in my SE-R liked to miss second gear every now and then and grind. and the gates were very stiff first starting off till it warmed up. (dealer said this was normal) after adding it to both my engine and tranny w/o grinding, (cost $50 bones) and took it to a friends shop to dyno run it before and after and retest several days later i actually got an overall 5 hp and 3 f t. lbs. torque improvement. it’s not much but hey it’s more than i had.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
lies in a bottle

like mike said, it's the mobil 1. your tx-7 is probably nothing more than glorified mineral oil -- go to the federal trade commission web site and check for it under the list of other products they've delcared full of nothing but empty promises. if it's not there, look for it soon. this stuff is probably reducing the life of your engine.

hey, like they say, if it sounds too good to be true...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts