Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi knowledgeable people on here, a newb has a query for you knowledge people.
I purchased a none running 2.5 petrol engine with a gas conversion.
(Crank but no start issue), a lot of research I found it had been the common camshaft sensor, despite being told the previous owner had already replaced this, I disconnected the sensor, carried out an ECU reboot and low and behold it started, I plugged the connector in again and it went back to the crank no start issue, I bought a new sensor and all was good.
However it was then Found I had a major oil leak from the crankshaft pulley wheel.
After a lot of headaches and swearing I eventually managed to get it off and replaced the oil seal, all good there now.
Unfortunately on now trying to start the car I am back to square one with the crank no start issue, I followed all my previous actions that worked but not this time, I have used an OBD scanner, and it brought up the code advising camshaft sensor fault drive train bank one.
I even tried disconnecting the coilpack bank one plug to see if that would help and possibly run on three cylinders, to no avail.
Any comments/Advices would be much appreciated.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,901 Posts
When replacing sensors, always use Nissan OEM parts from a Nissan dealer; aftermarket electronic items generally are not reliable, don't last long, and many times are DOA. The sensors are not very expensive; around $75.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again rogoman for your knowledge and input.
I am somewhat confused (doesen't take much). As previously advised I had the changed the cam sensor as also advised by the previous owner, he still had the crank no start issue that resulted in me now being the lucky resilient.
As advised I managed to get the car running and in doing this I had disconnected the cam sensor plug. Surely this would then not send a signal to the ECU thereby giving a fault reading, yet the car started, once plugged back in in order to confirm the issue the car would NOT start. Unplugged again and started, how can this be?
Having a Nissan specific part would not change this finding, or am I missing something?
Again thanks for your time and response advices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts