Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey it me again and i own the 04 spec-v and i was wandering about cams. and just if i were to install any would i have to tune anything or adjust timing?

·
Registered
430 Posts
depends on what you go with.

a moderate across the board cam profile would just likely need you to open up the air flow some. but don't forget you need more fuel in there as well. that would need ecu software for the injector pulsing as well as more pressure inthe system. i've heard of ppl just throwing them on there, but i wouldn't do it until i put on a shortair intake and a larger header. slightly larger injectors with a highflow pump and filter and regulator would help as well.

but, lol, a stroker kit and bore sleeves with a nitrous shot... with those same cams, air/fuel mods... yeah buddy. but if you're gonna stroke it, mize well bore it with those same bore sleeves. and then a good piston head that will mix the fuel and air well. but with all that it's best to remove the shortair and put on coldair intake... and the header then needs a nice 3 inch down pipe...

after all that though... shiiiiiick... you mize well drop in a v-8. then over the years you can do the same mods and gain twice as much. just will have to buy racing fuel from then on out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Whenever doing a job as big as cams you should always get it tuned to reclaim the balance the car comes with from the factory to eliminate and detonation problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts