Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good place to find out info about my 88 Sentra SE Hatchback? It seems pretty rare, and I can't find any info.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Thanks stud!!! Well let's see. As stated before your car is a B12 it has the e16i engine with 70hp and 90 ftlbs of torque. It has a single injector located in the throttle body. There are a few mods for the engine but it isn't really a good base for making lots of power. What it is good at is low-end torque and reliablility. The stock suspension for the B12s is actually quite good. The parts availability isn't too bad either. I autocross my car on stock suspension, and it still handles quite well. I can't think of any more things to say but if you have any more questions PM me or post them here. LONG LIVE THE B12!!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking into one of these tomarrow at a junk yard. Pretty cool looking little car, the one I'm looking at is auto and the guy that runs the junkyard said it jumped timing. How hard is this to fix? Is is belt or chain? and if the t-belt did break did that frag the motor? The body on the car is excellent along with the interior, engine bay is relatively clean. How strong are the auto transmissions?

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
If it jumped timing the engine is probably toast.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
i agree, its gonna cost more money than its worth to get the engine back into working order if it jumped the timing. If the car is in good shape see if you can get and SR20DE or a CA18DE from another vehcile and swap those in instead of the engine.

The Autotrannys for the B12 are pretty good. 3 speeds, each gear can be selected by hand fromt he shift lever (i like that feature!). Once you get accustomed to letting off the gas at shifts it opertates nice and smoothly, even at full throttle.
Id personally like to have a stickshift as they are more fun, but you cant beat an automatic when you are feeling tired or lazy.
No word on which is faster though.

-Nick

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
5-speed is definitely faster!!! It is also one of the smoothest trannys I have ever driven (and I've driven some VERY nice cars).

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
sentrastud said:

Your probably right about that... but now i wanna race!

-Nick
Next time I drive to Calgary we can :rolleyes: :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, it is the Auto tranny (My first car), and it's got ok power off the line in first gear, but once it shifts into second, the other guy is going to pass you. Hey, so I CAN use my shifter in my automatic as if it were a stick? I've always wondered about that. Will I screw up my transmission?

·
Registered
501 Posts
the reason people usually dont shift an auto is because if u go to far over in when shifting into drive you can accidently hit reverse after nuetral and that be disaturious..

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
once you get the hang of shifting the auto stick it gets really easy. After a little practice shifting the auto manually is just like driving a clutchless manual. Like 89Sentra sadi though be really really careful not to hit reverse. That will screw up your tranny...

-Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts