Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity tomorow to drive 50 miles to test drive a 1992 sr. It has 99k and is said to be in real good cond. I spoke to a man on the phone who said he put $3,500 dollars into it 10k ago for his granddaughter. Now she has bought another car. "New" struts, calipers, rotors, axles, clutch, brakes, exhaust, and tires. He calls the car "perfect". He s asking $3,500,...He would come down in price but i don't know how much.
So you SR people out there....please barrage me with your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, just check cv joints, check blowby, start up car open radiator cap check for bubbles, se-r have a problem with 5th gear pop out so take it on the freeway, and there also could be water leakage in the trunk.
Have fun with the car
Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cv joints, blow by

THANKS. I've got a general idea where the cv joints are. Where exactly are they, and how should they look? I've heard of a blow by, but where is it, and what do I look for? The radiator was worked on....if it is bubbling, does that mean there is a radiator problem? Thanks again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You mean SE-R?

CV joints: Under the car, look at the axle that connect from the wheel. Look for a black, rubber cone with ribs, like a flexible straw. Put your fingers through each groove to see if there are any rips in them.

Radiator: Well, as Josh was saying, if there are bubbles, usually a flush of the coolant will be fine. They just mess up the pressure in the system and will not raise the boiling temp. to optimal levels.

Trunk Leaks: I just used clear silicone caulk around the tailights because out sentras have a problem keeping water from entering the trunk. The culprit is generally a bad seal around the tailights. I did this last weekend, and it snowed today. I still have a little bit of water in the trunk, but no flood like usual. Problem? Well, the lower corners of the rear windshield has bad seals, I guess. I see a stream of water running in from there. So Seal that corner too, just in case.

After a couple miles, see how the engine sounds. Rev it up to 7,500K, it can take it. I hope it's in good condition, cause you will like that car! SE-R's are sweet!

Goodluck!

Ppeace
CMo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blow by

Thanks for the tips. How do I check the blow by? I've done a little research since my first post, and it seems like a desireable car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts