Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of this? It is still a 4 cyl 2.9 ltre from a 92 (according to the used car salesman) I am not sure from what model it came from though.

Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
169 said:
Has anyone ever heard of this? It is still a 4 cyl 2.9 ltre from a 92 (according to the used car salesman) I am not sure from what model it came from though.
Thanks
If it is a 2.9liter then it is from a Rear Wheel Drive car.
Either it CANNOT be done or you need extremely involved modifications.

Chris

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2.0 litre, not a 2.9 litre... it is already done. My only problem is I do not know that much about Infinity engines and how much they cost to maintain.

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
169 said:

Thanks
There was never a 2.9 from Infinity. He's probably talking about a 92 G20 with a 2.0 4cyl engine a.k.a sr20de. Which is also the same engine in the Se-r.

-Mario

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Infinity engine in a 92 SE-R

Sr20 B12 said:

There was never a 2.9 from Infinity. He's probably talking about a 92 G20 with a 2.0 4cyl engine a.k.a sr20de. Which is also the same engine in the Se-r.

-Mario
I am talking about that engine. If everything else checks out, would you get the car with that engine. Does that mean that no special wiring was needed to put the engine in because it is the one that came stock? I am thinking that if something goes bad, it will cost more money to fix because of any modified wiring or anything.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It is the same exact engine. Same internals, same externals, same ECU, same everything. If it runs great, then it runs great. The only thing that is different is the valve cover will say Infiniti. Easy fix. Go buy a used Nissan cover (2 are on eBay right now) and swap it out.

I buy ALL of my engine parts from the Nissan dealer for my Infiniti G20. ALL of them.

If you want to get technical,
The '91-'93 G20 and SE-R's are high port engine with no speed limiter and 7500 redline.
The '94-'96 G20 are low-port, has no speed limiter and a 7500 redline.
The '94 SE-R has no sped limiter, his low-port and a 7500 redline.
(This is where I loose it a bit)
The '95-'99 SR20 powered Nissan's are all low-port, have 6800 or 7000 redline and a speed limiter of 112 (???)

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Speed limiter is set nominally to 109 mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts