Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, here is some pictures of my indiglows, and the RED NEEDLES!!!!!!!!!!! :)!!!! if you want to know how to do it, on the back of our dash pannels, there are 4 bulb sockets, you unscrew them counter clockwise, adn they pop out.. pull the bulbs off, and there is a little rubber cover on them. throw them away, recycle them, whipe your ass with them, whatever floats ur boat. then there are (194) style COlored bulbs.. called accent light bulbs.. then use 4 blue, red, green, whatever color you want teh guage needles to be.
then whammo, its red.

^^^^^ i dont think this link works.. ive tryed 4 times now.. eek.. if you copy and paste http://ultperformance.streetracing.org/chuckglow.JPG into your explorer bar. you can see it. lol

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Sweet, looks good, although I'm not sure the red really goes with indiglo blue, but that's certainly open for debate. Personally, I would have painted the needles a dark color - they would stand out during the day (dark needle on white) and stand out at night (black needle on indiglo blue). When I had my white-faces in the car, I had silver needles and was very happy with them.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry bout the pixs

yea.. i have a crummy digicam.. but you can get the idea,

well to take off the dash? I should refrase, to take out your guage component. there are 2 screws holding the black outline of the guage's on. the screws are on the top, just unscrew them, lower the steering wheel al the way. there are now 4 screws, count them 4 screws, bottom left, bottom right, upper mid left, and upper mid right.. take all 4 of these OUT CAREFULLY!. You dont want to loose these. next, there are... 4 plugings in the back. none of them are labeled though, so be careful not to forget where what came from. Next you can have fun, take off the guage component. You can now see the back, its a green plate, with a bunch of gold/copper lines, that transmit power. Now what you have to do is go and look at your guage pannel, and on the back, on the green board, there are 4 little orange sticking out things, you unscrew them, and pop them out, there is a white bulb in there. just take it out, and use the 194 bulbs that are colored, and replace them. Then put all the bulb holders back in the board. and screw it all up, and your done. Whatever color bulbs you put in, is the color that your odometer, needles, and trip will all be. for example, if you put in red, all the stuff that usually lights up will be the same, And if you dont have indiglows, or white face guages, All your guages will glow the color. but indiglows have a tendency to ummm NOT SHOW COLOR exept the cool light glow. ...

well enjoy :)!

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
There are only 4 bulbs?? I havent pulled out the gauge cluster but i will soon. Do you mean only four bulbs for the speedo?? I would figure 8: 4 for the speedo, 2 for the fuel, 2 for the water temp. I dont have a tach.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
There are 4 bulbs behind the cluster unit designed for lighting the nimbers and needles. THe rest are idiot lights. There are two straddling each 'ring' or bezel. That is whether you have a tach or not.

Seth

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
indiglows

just a warning for those who will change the instrument cluster backlight bulbs, the 194's from pepboys have about 8 watts lighting output, and the polar g's about 5 watts, the factory has less than that, about 3, so be careful because an instrument cluster is quite pricey when contacts on the printed circuit board do, in worst case scenario, melt and short out, just a fair warning guys..... i do have polar g's on mine, it looks cool but i kept the blue rubber covers on to lessen the heat output also and keep it blue.....

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
almost forgot..

in case anyone hasn't metioned yet, you don't really need to take out the instrument cluster from the car, just carefully strecth the harness and you will be able to access the bulbs, also because the airbag light might stay on if improperly disconnected...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts