Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to hook up the power inverter for indiglo gauges?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are you asking to hook up power or mount it, im a little confused by your question.
Power: hook up to your illumination wire thats on the left side of the wheel (you know where you can dim your lights and stuff)
Mounting: I put mine on a metal brace kinda in between the illumination switches and the guages, behind the dash of course.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry I wasn't very clear about what I was asking. I was really asking about where to hook up the power wires but I do also need to mount the adjustment thing even though I probably wont use the other color.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
You know how my EL's get juice. The physical setup is the inverter box is behind the cluster beind the harness hanging somewhere behind the steering column. The resistor/color switch is behind the center console near the ECU. THis way nothing is permanelntly installed (so I can remove the cluster if I have to), nothing gets in the way of my knees or pedals, and the knobs are easily reachable. All you need to do is wrap the indiglo wires once around any projecting harness or plastic extension and it will stay put.

Seth

·
Registered
186 Posts
OK, i think i answered the power question? for mounting the adjustment tab yours is a liitle sticker type piece that has a brightness adjustment and a color adjustment, if this is true i took mine and brought it out of the illumination piece by the dimmer and everything. I took and taped it about an inch from the side of the dimmer area. Hey you know what if you can wait till tomorrow ill get a picture!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey I cant paste pictures so if you go to my website its under my profile you can see a pic a put one up for ya!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts