Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I need to ask if anyone here know a good cheap independent shop I can take my 200sx to, in the Western Chicago suburbs? I'm basically in Lombard IL. See I'd left town for about two weeks. However a few days ago, my girl decided to check if the car will start, cause she wanted to take it for a small trip to Wisconsin. It started fine, but she shut it off immediately, and the next day the car never started. I believe the engine is flooded, and here's what I've done so far

1. Tried to start with the gas pedal floored - no luck (The engine nearly starts but doesnt)

2. Got some "Heat" which takes moisture out of your gas, and is good for cold temeprature starting. Poured it in the tank, waited for two hours, and tried again. No luck.

Hence I'm looking to get it towed to a shop. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had the same problem. exact thing. i just took it to the dealer and charged 75.00 to drain the engine it was always flooded

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
lombard...hmm...

im in carol stream, i take my car to T&V Auto on Army Trail and Gary (by the turtle wax and stratford mall). He's a very good, honest mechanic that can do full engine overhauls. he's also very cheap, i figured it out to 20-50 bucks an hour (depending on difficulty of task)...much less than a dealership charges.

i dont know if it's too far for ya, but hell, good mechnics are hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts