Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new here. Wanted to find out if there are any worthwhile products to increase the fuel efficiency on my Pathfinder. I am considering the K & N cold air induction unit, or something similar. Not too sure about other products offered.

I am fairly knowledgable about vehicles, just haven't looked into this before. It's my wife's car, so no loud or manly exhausts,:D just looking for better feul economy.

It's either that, or sell the thing, and I really hate to part with it.

FYI, wife does a lot of city type driving, using it for work. Was getting 18-19mpg prior to A/C season. Now, 16-17.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I imagine it's minimal. But, hey, they are not being used, it's free, so why not.

I would really like some experiences with the induction systems or computer chips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a drop-in K&N filter, best bang for your buck. That and drive slower, don't gas it until you're at the next red light, coast a lot, keep the tires aired up properly, drive the speed limit.
We are talking about my wife here. :D haha I am getting ready to replace the filter, thought about one of the cold air induction systems, but have ruled that out.

I know about the normal stuff, I was just curious if there were any reprogrammers or other things that would help. Guess not.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbup: Sounds like I will have to get a different vehicle if I really want to see a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.