Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here. Wanted to find out if there are any worthwhile products to increase the fuel efficiency on my Pathfinder. I am considering the K & N cold air induction unit, or something similar. Not too sure about other products offered.

I am fairly knowledgable about vehicles, just haven't looked into this before. It's my wife's car, so no loud or manly exhausts,:D just looking for better feul economy.

It's either that, or sell the thing, and I really hate to part with it.

FYI, wife does a lot of city type driving, using it for work. Was getting 18-19mpg prior to A/C season. Now, 16-17.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, I will give that a try. the price is right, too. ;)

What kind of difference does it make?

anything else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I imagine it's minimal. But, hey, they are not being used, it's free, so why not.

I would really like some experiences with the induction systems or computer chips.

·
3,553 Posts
Get a drop-in K&N filter, best bang for your buck. That and drive slower, don't gas it until you're at the next red light, coast a lot, keep the tires aired up properly, drive the speed limit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get a drop-in K&N filter, best bang for your buck. That and drive slower, don't gas it until you're at the next red light, coast a lot, keep the tires aired up properly, drive the speed limit.
We are talking about my wife here. :D haha I am getting ready to replace the filter, thought about one of the cold air induction systems, but have ruled that out.

I know about the normal stuff, I was just curious if there were any reprogrammers or other things that would help. Guess not.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbup: Sounds like I will have to get a different vehicle if I really want to see a difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are talking about my wife here. :D haha I am getting ready to replace the filter, thought about one of the cold air induction systems, but have ruled that out.

I know about the normal stuff, I was just curious if there were any reprogrammers or other things that would help. Guess not.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbup: Sounds like I will have to get a different vehicle if I really want to see a difference.
Hate to break it to you, but a 270hp, 4L V6 isn't going to get stellar mileage.

I agree that the Pathfinder (R50 and R51) are great rigs, but they aren't cut out for city duty and not much better on long highway trips either.

As far as power programmers go, you can look here - ECU programmers.

Air intakes: Intakes

As far as exhausts go, there is a company that makes "guiet" mufflers and its in there name - Hushpower.

You can air the tires up 10-15% above spec and keep the truck as light as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's always weight reduction. Convince your wife that carrying around that spare tire is a waste since it's never used anyway. :) Better yet, suggest to her that maybe she's the source of the problem and needs to go on a diet. :) I'm sure she'll take that well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts