Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 86 is having charging probs i saw two others have the same probs here (or hopefully had) alt is new bat is good but will not charge or stay charged!!! help me im loosin it!!! .... thanx

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Have you checked your wires running from the alt to the battery to make sure they haven't been broken or frayed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Have you checked your wires running from the alt to the battery to make sure they haven't been broken or frayed.
as far as i can see theyre good. i was wondering if this is a comon prob or what. my adj suspention lights are flashing also. should i be looking 4 anything special?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
djdarkhorse7727 said:
as far as i can see theyre good. i was wondering if this is a comon prob or what. my adj suspention lights are flashing also. should i be looking 4 anything special?

It's not unusual for the stock adjustable shocks to go bad. When all 3 lights flash that means there is a fault in the system.

Tokico makes bolt on non-adjustable and manually adjustable shocks that bolt right on.

How old is your battery and have you checked the fluid level inside of it? It could be dry or low.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
It's not unusual for the stock adjustable shocks to go bad. When all 3 lights flash that means there is a fault in the system.

Tokico makes bolt on non-adjustable and manually adjustable shocks that bolt right on.

How old is your battery and have you checked the fluid level inside of it? It could be dry or low.
batt is good. the shock lights are the two that are not selected. still a fault? thanx

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Alternator is probably bad, then.

The shock lights flash when they are unplugged, ussually. Check the shock tower connections, that would be the weak point in the system. Rust in that area is typical, it will destroy the connections.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts