Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So where can you find the micro filter for your ventilation system? The manuals state it must be replaced every 25K.

My dealership advised me that the part costs about $138.00.

Reagrds,

REAM1

·
# 0001 Bonavista Owner
509 Posts
Location and Price

REAM1 said:
So where can you find the micro filter for your ventilation system? The manuals state it must be replaced every 25K.

My dealership advised me that the part costs about $138.00.

Reagrds,

REAM1
It's located behind the lower glove box - I understand that it's fairly easy to replace. . . .

Had mine done at the dealer at the last service in May (will do the next one myself).

Here's some info. from the service invoice:

Part number 999M1-VP051.

Part cost = $46.74

Labor cost = $21.00

Total cost = $67.74

Either my dealer gave me a good price or your dealer is ripping you off :confused:

Good luck with it.

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Microfilter .... Don't get ripped off

I find this to be such a rip off by the Dealer...

Let me explain: the cabin filter (in my opinion) works wonders in keeping dust and other contaminants out and the air clean...
...But the dealer takes advantage of a probably $5 item & 10 minutes job an turns it into a 600% profit item at YOUR EXPENSE.

Here is what I do:
First see this link : (or other link from AussieTrail)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/791746/5
for some pictures how to get to filter location behind the glove box.

Then instead of getting an exorbitently expensive filter from Nissan, you can go to your local home/hardware store and find yourself a home furnace air filer, the kind with carboard surround and about 20mm thick.
The original X-Trail in cabin filter measures 200mm x 220 mm.
Simply cut the large size filter down to size and use other carboard edges and hot-glue to make yourself a filter of the correct dimesions.
With the large filter size I got at the local store I was able to make 4 smaller filters as this one:

I change mine once a year... If you encounter more dusty conditions you may find you need replacing more often:

Happy Savings :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Today I managed to locate a Singapore source for the Japanese-made Bosch cabin air filter. Paid 25 USD for it. Which is about 25 bucks cheaper than the original Nissan part.

This much I can say: the Bosch part is about 10 times better-made. It's carbon impregnated, and appears to fit perfectly without the need for the foam strips to be added. Which suggests a larger filteration area and possibly tighter sealing.

Instructions are in Japanese, but accompanying pictograms make it a no-brainer to install.

Given that you can get the Bosch for the same as what I paid - from US resellers, why indeed ever bother with the original from Nissan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Correction: Bosch cabin airfilter has same filteration area as original Nissan part.

Changed mine after 15,000km. Medium gray in color shows it's doing its job, then again I drive with the AC on and windows up 98% of the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts