Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok am gone buy AD22F caliper but i got to choice one that came from a NX2000 from the US or from the Japan wich one i should take my car 200 SX SE 1995 am doing the brake upgrade

THanks

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hey,
I don't think it matters. Just go for the latest North American sold NX2000 SE (that would be 1993 and the 2.0L engine since they always ask) and get the calipers for ABS.
Look, maybe we can go together to the dealer so they won't think we're nutz and maybe get a better rate.
PM me.

Seth

·
Registered
547 Posts
People like to get the Japan one more. Don't ask why, but I think it has something to do with ABS and such. I don't know if I want ABS when I do my swap. Too much Elec. shit for me. I think I'm going to stay w/ my NON-ABS!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
well, ABS isnt controlled by the rotors and calipers. (the effects are) so i dont think adding ABS rotors and calipers necessarily means you have ABS. right? if im wrong, please flame me, cuz im a dumbass

·
Registered
547 Posts
vivid - You are correct. ABS is not affected by certain rotors and calipers. It is affected by tons and tons of sensors and valves that control so much hydraulic pressure in and out of the master cylinder, through the brake lines and valves, and into your caliper. I have yet to fool with ABS yet in my Technical school, but we have conversated about it. I can't believe I actually used something I was told about!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ask for Japanese-made with ABS to ensure you get the correct caliper. The problem is not differences in the actual product, but errors in everyone's catalog.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
$215 canadian is around $140.00 U.S. correct? That's a good deal, but are they loaded with pads and shims?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes 140 usd, there no pad include in that price.But am gone go with the EBC Redstuff or greenstuff so for me that's ok

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Not a bad price! I got both of mine loaded for the same price, but this was a while ago.

·
Registered
351 Posts
you need japanese model.. also make sure you got correct size rotors

S

·
0 Posts
do get them that cheap also as long as they are the correctitto I would like to get in on that price as well.

Marcus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts