Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these in? what problems/challanges should I look out for... I am looking to put them in within the next week or so and I was hoping to get some advice on the best way to do it..
Thanks in advance

S

·
0 Posts
Pain in the A$$

1CLNB14 Baught them for his ride. Basicaly you have to take the needles off the clusters, then you have to install a small ring at each base of the needles, then have to run some copper wiring(thinner than floss) through your gauge bezel with out breaking it. Then you have to get the needles back on without disturbing the calibration. My overall opinion is dont waiste the money!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouraging words guys, but I have already wasted the money, and so I am gonna try to put them in... I'll let you know what happens..

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Sigh,
New clusters may be $365, but you can get a 'certified pre-owned' one for around 100 or so. Less when individuals sell them (like me, and I test them to make sure they work). But yeah, the mileage retaining can be a problem if you go from a GA speedo to an SR speedo. Dealers have companies adjust mileage for about $40, so you can have it professionally done if the dealer will let you. If you keep the style of speedo, you can keep your mileage too.

Seth

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
sethwas said:
Sigh,
New clusters may be $365, but you can get a 'certified pre-owned' one for around 100 or so. Less when individuals sell them (like me, and I test them to make sure they work). But yeah, the mileage retaining can be a problem if you go from a GA speedo to an SR speedo. Dealers have companies adjust mileage for about $40, so you can have it professionally done if the dealer will let you. If you keep the style of speedo, you can keep your mileage too.

Seth
well let's see, how much is that needle kit? and add $140 so you can have glowing needles? after the headache of breaking your original cluster and having to go dig another one up...

cool upgrade man.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to install them my self.. I have a buddy thats going to do them for me that is pretty handy... if he brakes it then I guees I will be screwed, but I faith in him.. I'll let you know how it goes

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I'm not sure why so many people are afraid of taking the needles off. The needles on my gauges have been on and off multiple times and I've never had a problem. As long as you're careful and remember what the needles were at originally, calibration is not a problem.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
samo said:
I'm not sure why so many people are afraid of taking the needles off. The needles on my gauges have been on and off multiple times and I've never had a problem. As long as you're careful and remember what the needles were at originally, calibration is not a problem.
I guess you will be doing mine this fall? :D

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
samo said:
i'm not affraid. not at all... (ok maybe a little) i just don't see the need for the glowing needles.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
1CLNB14 said:

I guess you will be doing mine this fall? :D
I'd be glad to give you a hand if you wanted! I think a lot of people break theirs because the needles are pretty stubborn and they just pull like crazy on the needles, breaking the gauge. I've never had too much trouble with mine.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
I have taken mine off many times too, it's not too hard, but you have to remember never to pull them directly out, you have to pull and turn at the same time. but I'll tell you, I still can't stand it when I have to go in and remove my needles. it still is a PITA getting everything perfect. I broke my old one when I first took it apart ( I pulled out the shaft) and it could always happen again.

N

·
0 Posts
You guys are all wimps. I bought a kit from import intelligence like over a year ago. Install was easy. I think it's easier to see a red needle over a black background at night.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts