Discussion Starter #1
that is all

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rathi134 said:
the first step to recovery is acceptance
hahaha.. yes im a n00b ! i admit !!! haha.. a n00b at the turbo information ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
what do you need to know... you realize there's a crapload of boosted cars in dne...
ryan, gabe, me, thomas, robert, chris and some ole skoo sr guys. :hal:

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im planning a turbo for ga16de.. using the HS Turbo Manifold and thinkin about a ball bearing turbo .. maybe t28? any recommendations for a good all around power.. low mid and top.... a balance between them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
im planning a turbo for ga16de.. using the HS Turbo Manifold and thinkin about a ball bearing turbo .. maybe t28? any recommendations for a good all around power.. low mid and top.... a balance between them.

I'd stick with a T28 Ball bearing for the ga. Manifold wise - the hotshot one sounds decent.... as long as it has equal length piping. good luck

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seximagtr said:
I'd stick with a T28 Ball bearing for the ga. Manifold wise - the hotshot one sounds decent.... as long as it has equal length piping. good luck
thanks for the info :thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Isn't that too much turbo for his engine?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think it'll turn enough RPMs period or have enough airflow on a stock engine.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
t56gen3 said:
I don't think it'll turn enough RPMs period or have enough airflow on a stock engine.
well his motor isnt really stock.. he has the UR pulley , JWT turbo cams and such with it as well...

i think ill ask wes to shine more light into this here for it is his car.

·
specV Addict
855 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
well his motor isnt really stock.. he has the UR pulley , JWT turbo cams and such with it as well...

i think ill ask wes to shine more light into this here for it is his car.
that's still basically a stock motor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doesn't Robert have a t25 on his 2.0 liter? And he decided to pass on the t28 because it was too much for it? Robert, where are ya!!!

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doesnt rathi have a t28 on his car as well ? james where you at too ? hehe.

edit : nvm james computer fried. :p

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
For your setup I'd use the HS manifold, a GT28R turbo (not the GT28RS), 370 cc injectors, 240SX MAF, forge motorsports or similar intercooler and a 3" exhaust. This setup will make 200ish WHP and have th epotential for a bit more. The benefit of the R over the RS is that it will spool more quickly because it has a smaller exhaust housing, granted it will not support the same overall top end power. I still think it is a really good turbo for our application!

As for the rest, stop guessing at what will/will not work. The T28 GT28RS and GT28R are all proven to be good turbo's for the GA16.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey wes.. didnt you say at your power right now you are maxing out the 240sx maf ? is there another MAF that can handle higher that you have now ?

and the GT28R has a bit less spool time than the GT28RS correct therefore less power to the top end and more to the low end ?

sorry for the questions i just want to make sure im reading everything correctly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts