Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup guys,
I got my 91 se-r today. It has the jdm sr20de in it. I used to drive an 87 stanza. I love nissans.
Heres a little question. I have another jdm sr20de ecu that i got with a motor i bought (which is for sale ) and it came with mines ecu. I want to put it in my sentra but do i have to program it or can i just plug it in. If in can install it right away, how much horsepower will i gain. Thx guys

Holla,
Tomglenn

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car already has a jdm ecu, but its not the mines ecu.
What should i name the car?
Im making the web site for it.
Ill post the reply

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
StevenLK said:
it would make the most sense. because usdm motor has more sensors and if u had the usdm ecu. your engine service light should be one because the sensors arent getting the right feedback. iirc

wrong...jdm motors dont have more sensors. and you can use a usdm ecu on a jdm motor...no problem..only biggie would be the EGR system. oh, and you wont gain any hp from changing out the usdm ecu for a jdm one..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
he said usdm have more sensors.... so if u use a jdm computer on a US engine then u wouldnt be able to run all left over non plugged in sensors which when u get down to it is emissions stuff

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Slacky said:
he said usdm have more sensors.... so if u use a jdm computer on a US engine then u wouldnt be able to run all left over non plugged in sensors which when u get down to it is emissions stuff

haha, yea i misread that one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
From what I've seen, the Mine's ECU removes the speed limiter, ups the rev limiter to 7300 and slightly advances timing. Not sure about the hp gain, though. You could try hooking it up and see if it gives a check engine light.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I already have 2 motors and everything and all i need is your ECU, Which one is it and how much do you want for it? By which one i mean does it have a red sticker with the number 64 on it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey man it doesnt show anything when i click on that link. it is just a blank page with no pics. i really need to know which ECU you have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts