Nissan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys,
I got my 91 se-r today. It has the jdm sr20de in it. I used to drive an 87 stanza. I love nissans.
Heres a little question. I have another jdm sr20de ecu that i got with a motor i bought (which is for sale ) and it came with mines ecu. I want to put it in my sentra but do i have to program it or can i just plug it in. If in can install it right away, how much horsepower will i gain. Thx guys

Holla,
Tomglenn

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
StevenLK said:
it would make the most sense. because usdm motor has more sensors and if u had the usdm ecu. your engine service light should be one because the sensors arent getting the right feedback. iirc

wrong...jdm motors dont have more sensors. and you can use a usdm ecu on a jdm motor...no problem..only biggie would be the EGR system. oh, and you wont gain any hp from changing out the usdm ecu for a jdm one..

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
Slacky said:
he said usdm have more sensors.... so if u use a jdm computer on a US engine then u wouldnt be able to run all left over non plugged in sensors which when u get down to it is emissions stuff

haha, yea i misread that one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.