Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just not on this board. I've had problems getting logged in but here it is....

Constructive criticism is welcome...Currently looking at doing a suspension swap...getting rid of the Ground control agx/kyb pos and getting the Ziel SF1's otherwise known as JIC Magic.

Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
I REALLY like your car. Even if it is a 4-dr, that is BAD. I'm totally diggin the screen and Sparco's...just curious but how much did those cost? The white on white looks smooth. And KYB/GC POS?? Haha, sure, the Ziel is MUCH better...but the KYB/GC is the best for the $$$. Anyways, very clean ride.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gotta a good deal on mine as I bought them from someone I knew....Think I paid 900 for both seats with sliders and Harnesses.

I just don't like the GC's cuz they are kinda loud and if you want to drive around low you have to buy camber plates as well otherwise kiss your tires goodbye. Understood about the price though...that's why I bought them originally.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
GOTTA LUV in all white SENTRA!!! THe all black SPARCOs and in dash are real NICE too....

Hey so are the GCs really that noisy that You're getting rid of them....

Oh and is that stock Sentra White ????

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it was the install but every bump they make the clapping noise and I've done everything that's been suggested. When I get the JIC's next month I'll probably put them up for sale really cheap.

Stock Cloud white is the color. I think I've taken pretty good care of it...my old roommate was a professional detailer so he kept it cleaned and buffed all the time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love the 4 door look. Thats probaly one of the nicest Sentra's ive seen. Makes me jealous. I have a white Sentra SE.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I got your car on my wall right now....this years calendar. :) Got a front shot, and a rear shot. Nice car ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
That is an extremely clean and beautiful car, I like it a lot!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Nice...I love that monochromatic look in a car.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
SqueezinSE

I just don't like the GC's cuz they are kinda loud and if you want to drive around low you have to buy camber plates as well otherwise kiss your tires goodbye. Understood about the price though...that's why I bought them originally. [/B][/QUOTE]

I also have that damn noise problem, did you do your setup like the NPM writeup, with the Silicone sealer and all? My shit is so annoying, I hate having a girl in my car, cause I gotta turn the music up loud just to drown it out. I lose cool points automatically... Anyway, The TV setup, was it simple putting the CD player on the bottom DIN?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually...the bottom din houses the digital EQ from kenwood. the cd player/dvd player is in the top din. It's an all in one unit.

As for the GC's...I've done the silicone and tape thing for mine but the noise really is annoying still.

I've had the GC's for quite awhile and they've made the noise since day 1. Performance wise they've treated me well but I drive my car on a pretty regular basis with g/f as well and it does get annoying. I know some will say that you sacrifice luxury for performance and I know that but sometimes you can only take so much.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
DAMN I wonder how come I dont hear more complaints about the GC noise--everybody makes it seem like these things are GREAT..

I mean if Im gonna spend $400 I dont want to deal with any noise and SH**!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if your just cruising down the freeway I have no problems with them...Also they perform just fine as I've used them for autocrossing as well as many spirited drives through the country.

But every pothole and bump they make the clapping noise. I'm sure there's a way of getting rid of it but I asume just get real coilovers rather than sleeves.

The main reason, for our cars at least, the spring doesn't actually mount to anything...it just sits there, that's why you don't need a spring compressor when installing them cuz they are so much smaller. There isn't anything holding the top of the spring in place so when you hit a bump the wheel goes down or up and since the spring isn't being held by anything, when the wheel retracts, it makes the clapping noise when the top hat relocates on top of the spring. I actually talked the Ground Control about this and they said our cars are of the few that doesn't actually have something to hold the spring in place....sucky I know.

·
Hang out wit yo Wang out!
546 Posts
squeezinSE said:
if your just cruising down the freeway I have no problems with them...Also they perform just fine as I've used them for autocrossing as well as many spirited drives through the country.

But every pothole and bump they make the clapping noise. I'm sure there's a way of getting rid of it but I asume just get real coilovers rather than sleeves.

The main reason, for our cars at least, the spring doesn't actually mount to anything...it just sits there, that's why you don't need a spring compressor when installing them cuz they are so much smaller. There isn't anything holding the top of the spring in place so when you hit a bump the wheel goes down or up and since the spring isn't being held by anything, when the wheel retracts, it makes the clapping noise when the top hat relocates on top of the spring. I actually talked the Ground Control about this and they said our cars are of the few that doesn't actually have something to hold the spring in place....sucky I know.
I feel the exact same way, mine are annoying me bad, and I was actually thinking about going with regular springs. How much does the JIC's run??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts