Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got my license in october (watch out) and my first car is a nx2000 5spd, shes got 265km on her but she still purrs, and this being my first car i can tell im lucky. had to put about $1500 in repairs, front and back struts, new starter, muffler is kinda getting f****d, been welded a few times, but i recently backed into a snowbank....so the tip snapped and was hanging, finally fell off after i got off work,was tired, some dude in a civic pulls up beside me to me while im driving starts reving the engine...buddies all giggling beside him.im cruisin in 4th, throw her back down into 3rd,im stayin at 4grand,(and i was just shown how to double clutch), so i test it out, double clutch,my tires spin , BRAWP...and im gone...shoulda seen the faces in the mirrow...(wtf?) but i think thats when i lost the tip (i think its still on the bridge) anyhoo, everyone thinks i had something done to the exhaust,(man your car sounds cool now!) ya i broke it...like that shiz, but now it vibrates when i jam on it after 5-6 rpm, makes it a lil hard to rip it around. shes rusting bad, previous owners, (3 women includeing my mom) didnt take care of it, drove on damages. but! she still burns. im a carefull driver and i car for this car, im looking into specific upgrades, nothing too crazy. im gonna try and put some pics up, shes all stock except a k&n filter, cause my old one was rotton. i was also looking around for bodykits, ive seen a few around on the internet for the nx2000 but i dont know where i could find one myself, i was also looking for a turbo kit, but im not to keen about the costs. but since i found u guys i can ask for so help and tips wich is great cause theres onnly 1 nx in my city of kingston

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh ya and of course i need a new muffler, but i donot want anything 2 annoying, a nice low growl would be nice, none of that loud shit people hate

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check it out, I got one of those Cherry Bomb Mufflers (the long red one) from meijers and it makes a pretty nice noise but its not too loud. And it was something like 20 bucks. I only needed to get a hanger for the rear of the muffler and weld it up.
Oh and congrats on showing up that Honda. I hate those civics.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
theres lots of talk with upgrades around for se-rs and what not since your new i wont be mean or anything but theres a little search area just type in something u think might be cool like a cai or turbo or suspension and a million links will pop up , some with opions some with instal tips, personally i recogmend a turbo, i always get a j spec engine because they come turbo and idk i jsut trust them more but american sr20s have higher compression and would gain more with a turbo so look around inthe classifieds on se-r.com ebay or even in your local paper i bet u will find some stuff that u want for cheap no sense in paying top dollar for something when u can get the same thing with 20 miles on it for a hundred bucks less, of course if it still works

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice job on the Civic I hate them too, I think we all like to show 'em up. If you live in Kingston have you ever talked to the guys at the parts desk at the Nissan dealership about the red NX thats around there. I've seen it a few times on a trailer around the back, looks pretty sweet, it might have a turbo setup on it. For a body kit: NOPI has one made by Erubuni, I think wouldn't be bad idea to check there if you havn't already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sup dude

live4snow said:
Check it out, I got one of those Cherry Bomb Mufflers (the long red one) from meijers and it makes a pretty nice noise but its not too loud. And it was something like 20 bucks. I only needed to get a hanger for the rear of the muffler and weld it up.
Oh and congrats on showing up that Honda. I hate those civics.
95 Nissan Sentra GXE... i am gettin a Apexi canister for $60... i got lowering springs from JC whitney for $160, lowering it 3 inches all around... i have 2 Pyle 1000 watt 10 inch subs and they are being pushed by an american pro 1200 watt 4/2 channel amp.. slams pretty damn good... i will be gettin some neons here soon... i will be getting some pics here soon... peace playa

Tuner

·
Nis-ho
556 Posts
3" drop on springs is bad news dude, your car will bottom the f out, if your lucky enough not to blow your shocks, which you most likely will, go to the stickies in the suspension and brakes section, it will provide you with very important knowledge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts