Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 200sx off my brother and I wana try and hook it up but i can't find a few things i've been looking but to no avail

1) I can't find any Euro Lights/Clear Lights for my Tail. The one that is there now is kinda "dull" i would like to change them to something more stylish

2) if there isn't any type of lighting of this kind where can i find the blackout kit like tim has on his car here http://www.b14nissan.org/timf.html

3) also I would like to know where i can get headlights like him or similar?

4) My Email Is [email protected]

I sure hope I dont get flamed for posting this but

Thank You very much in advance :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Becareful changing out your tail lights. While I won't get into the whole debate about Euro/Altezza lights looking good or not, I will say that it is illegal to change them and if you're rear ended in an accident, even if it is not your fault, you will almost certainly be blamed. If they make it stick, you could be out a lot of money that with the stockers, you wouldn't be. Something to think about before you make the leap changing your lights.

As for the dull look... if you mean it looks plain, I can't help you, but if you mean it physically looks dull or cloudy... you may want to try cleaning it with some tooth paste. Tooth paste is a very mild abrasive and is great for cleaning clear plastic... getting ride of the dull look.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
1. There are no current tail light upgrades for the 200SX.

2. GTS blackouts can be bought/special ordered at most major auto parts stores (Advance auto pts., Pep Boys, Western auto, etc..) for around $45-60, depending on seller.

3. Those projector headlights are for sale on the internet, and the easiest way I know to get them is to PM forum member "LIUSPEED" , because he can get them for you. The bad news is those lights are a custom job, meaning if you want them to be black, you'll have to disassemble them and paint them yourself. They come in chrome and a gunmetal gray finish, but that's it. I think it's worth the trouble, because they really look sweet when done properly.

Good luck in your quest in the Nissan world. :cool:

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
try and search ebay.com man. they got halo projectors just like that car you liked. and they got clear lights and altezzas. but i dont recommend them. i love the stock lights. they are kinda unique these days since i see lots of hondas and eclipses with them on. they are not cool. my opinion.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for all your help guys :)

usually i get flamed for question like this (don't ask)

I'm gonna head to pep boys 2morrow and check up on the blackouts :p but ask for the projector headlights you say check ebay or msg that guy? thx but if you happen to have a ball park price it would be nice so that i dont get ripped off when i buy em ;)

I want this car looking better than those dam Civics i see ever 4.5 secs

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Unfortunately (or fortunately; however you view it); there are currently no tail light mods for the 200SX. They do make altezzas for the Sentra but they DO NOT fit on the 200SX. I've heard of many people making this $150 mistake, don't be one of them.

There are some really cool halo lights for the 200SX. You can find them at matrixracing.com or r-speed.com. You can also find them on ebay for around $130 (the cheapest). Additionally, Mossy Performance makes side corner lights that match perfectly w/ the halos. My research has shown that only buying the halos will require slight body modification but the Mossy corners fit perfect and prevents this. Search the boards and you can find pics of the lights. Additionally, there is an article in NPM that explains step-by-step on how to install them (the halos and the corners). Your search should bring up both of these.

If you install them, let me know how it works out. They are my next project once I can afford my new exhaust system. :D

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
check ur pm.

i have responded to your question.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's the stuff your interested in for your car just go to ebay... There are tons of altezzas and projectors lights for sale there... They usually come in either clear or corbon fiber colored also.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got back from Pep Boys and they gave me the thumbs down to blackouts for tail lights :( any where else i can go? i live in south florida...And are the projection lights or blackouts illegal ...i found out this weekend that blue lights are ;) i put them in place of where the water for your whipers come out and got tagged with a $75 ticket! ..

and a really quick question as well

How do i order parts form R-speed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts